Patrick Peterson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxtigers45, Jan 7, 2011.

1. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Is there something in the water in Louisiana? So many people thinking he got abused last night.

2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Yeah, I think it's called whiskey.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well I was at the game and that was the general consensus i even felt that he didn't have a great game.

Peterson is gone. He was a great LSU tiger and will be missed but he would be an idiot to not get his millions

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

With a CB of PP's status, you're not supposed to give that much of a cushion to the WR because you ARE good enough to cover him. Lesser DB's and safeties have to give big cushion's because they don't have the shiftiness or speed to keep up. It wasn't so much that he got abused, but the QB seemed to throw to Peterson's side at will which is not characteristic of a lockdown CB.

Nothing against Peterson, but he was over-hyped this year as a CB. He's still outstanding and a top 5 pick but he got the Glenn Dorsey treatment this year. He's my fav player and I have a #7 jersey but I'm just being realistic.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

IN a game like we just had with a WR as GOOD as Fuller, I think PP and the coaching staff played it right...

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Lock down doesn't mean Zero catches will be made. Think back and see how many Big plays PP gave up and get back to me.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He did get abused by A&M's receiver. However, when he gets to the pro's he is going to learn not to be so aggressive, he needs to use his closing speed to his advantage. He will also get stronger and be able to jam receivers better. He is still an unbelievable talent, and will be a great pro, but he didn't really have a great game last night by any stretch.

Mathieu is the best freshman defender to ever play at LSU in my opinion, or at least he had the best true freshman season by anyone at LSU on defense. That dude is an animal. Reid played really good, my prayer was answered, not alot of 37, Loston played great, as did Tharold Simon who is also going to be awesome.

The sky is the limit with this defense as long as Chavis puts pressure on the quarterback, we still need more dominance on the defensive line, but that is going to get better also. Linebacker is going to be the soft spot on defense next year, but we have some young guys who will step up. How bout moving Mingo back go Linebacker, he looks extremely small at end.

Anyway, kind of went off subject....

Patrick Peterson, great Tiger, thank you for everything you have done for LSU, and hope you end up on a good team.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Anyone one who thinks 3-4 catches is ABUSED is seriously HIGH>>>>>

9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Not giving up big plays is what you tell your freshman DB covering an all-American. Peterson was the most talented player on the field at the time and I'm not gonna blame everything on him, but getting 7 catches and 83 yards would be considered a victory against Peterson, considering that's about how much the guy averages in the no D-big 12

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Its like saying he got abused by J Jones this year in the Bama game when in FACT PP played Jones NEAR perfect.

A CB is in a lose lose when:
    A) the WR runs the perfect route
    B) ball is thrown in the right spot...

yes, the zone was soft, blame coaching for that, but we didnt give up the big play in the air, so there is the justification..