Patrick Peterson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxtigers45, Jan 7, 2011.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The 7 catches and 83 yards are not all on PP.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Anyway, with being a good play, at least for the secondary, having the right scheme for your players goes a long way.

I for one would have loved to see more man than all the soft ZONE **** we ran last night, but you cant fault the calls on the players..

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I was not watching the scheme very closely so if it was a zone then yes you can't blame Peterson. I never said he got abused btw, was just saying he didn't have a great game but also not a bad game. I just would have rather have seen them matched up more often because Peterson would win that most of the time and would give him more opportunities to make plays on defense. I still think he had a 'relatively' down year at CB. But of course most school's would kill to have that 'down' year at CB.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Trust me, I agree. I can go back and watch, but I only say PP in press coverage 1 time and the WR/QB played it perfect. catch was made and PP made the quick tackle...

Outside of that, I saw the normal 10+ yard softness......

But from what I see, our coaches play to scheme's rather than players....

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I said he got abused and the only reason i said that was because he was never able to jam his receiver, and he played up on him quite a bit. It's different when you play off a receiver and give up the underneath stuff, but he was playing press alot and gave up completions in press man coverage.

Not dogging the guy, just saying it wasn't his best game by any stretch. He is going to be a great pro, he is still learning, and will continue to learn at the next level.

6. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Did he play a great game? No, but to say he was abused is not accurate.
    Mathieu is an outstanding playmaker, but I hope they don't switch him to full-time CB. I like how they use him now. Tharold Simon should take over Peterson's spot next year.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I agree with you about Mathieu and Simon.

8. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

IMO i think he stays. maybe I am reading too much into this but who were the coin toss captains last night? 3 SR's and 1 JR. That JR was not PP. If I am coach and my best corner and possible one of LSU's best corners was leaving early I would send him out for the coin toss in his last game. Which also leads me to believe that the JR(Ridley), that was out there was probably playing in his last game. That is just my 2 cents, I can see reasons for him staying and him going pro. But, if I had to wager i would put it on staying.

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

And let's give aTm's QB due credit. It wasn't always a result of PP getting burned. That kid placed a few of those passes exactly where they had to be to get caught, particularly when he threw toward the sideline. Sometimes, you just can't defend it.. Any DB will tell you that... Except maybe Tyrann Mathieu. I don't think he's heard that saying yet. :lol:

10. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I think abused is too strong of a word. He was giving up throws underneath, most of which were perfect throws that are impossible to defend.

For an example of abuse, see Roman Harper's performance today ... Patrick Peterson just gave up a few short and medium completions.