Patrick Peterson's Statement today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Mar 31, 2011.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Statement from LSU CB Patrick Peterson on Willie Lyles....

Statement from Patrick Peterson on Willie Lyles - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

He didn't mince words, so that's good. Let's just hope he's telling the truth now. One thing I can say is that I feel much better about this being Patrick Peterson and not some one else with maybe not as good a reputation.

3. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

To me that is exactly the kind of statement you make when you are innocent. Completely opposite of all Cam Newton's double talk and non-committal statements.

4. mobius481

The only thing that worries me is that he didn't directly address the accusation that the A&M assistant told him he was being shopped around by Willy Lyles.

5. mobius481

Here is an excerpt from an article written by a guy named Brian Perroni back during PP7's recruitment. Apparently he's the rivals guy at A&M.

Edit: Actually, he works big12 recruiting for rivals

AggieYell.com - Five-star cornerback visits Aggieland

From the author of the story's twitter page.....

Twitter

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Just b/c you say that you "confirmed" something doesn't mean that it's true. Doesn't mention Lyles anywhere in the article. Therefore, I have confirmed that he just made that up when the story broke.

7. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Well...if true, PP and his father are A LOT smarter than Scam Newton and family.

Apparently PP's father came to BR during his son's years at LSU. He accepted a job detailing cars (not a very glamorous job). He also had to get some sorta bank draft off his pay check (something like that) to finance a $2000 car.

Dont know about y'all but that doesnt seem like someone who received any amount of money for his son's services.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

9. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Thanks for posting and good to hear.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know, after watching that piece on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, I am convinced now that alot of these kids are really not doing anything wrong. Tom Penders said a "street agent" wanted 5 grand for a kid to visit the school. I'm totally convinced that there are tons of people out there who are making bogus claims for these kids just so they can get paid quick, because if the kid doesn't show, who you gonna tell?

This Lyles character probably did as A&M for cash for Peterson, and never had any intention on delivering. If A&M had paid, and Peterson still chose LSU, you think A&M would have come out and said "hey we paid for him, we got robbed."