Patrick White Disappointment?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by max, Jan 19, 2004.

1. DJ

DJ Founding Member

Remember that Travis Daniels was a 2-star on Rivals, and IMV we have the 2 best CB's in the SEC and perhaps the nation.

I don't recall Webster being a 4 or 5-star on Rivals either. But I bet Derron Parquet was a 4 or 5-star.

You can have Parquet and I'll stick with our "lowly" 2-star, Daniels.

2. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Pat White may be another Jack Hunt. A safety that evolves into the "quarterback of the defense."

3. max

max Founding Member

In opposition to my original post, I bet Brett Favre was a 1 star guy, because he was not heavily recruited, played in a running offense in high school, and signed with Southern Miss.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Max, you've come a long way in just a few short hours, good for you. Please don't ever worry about winning a recruiting championship. Several of these guys are no brainers and everyone in the world wants them as they ARE the best player in the country at their position....and no one ever hear's from them again. Happens all of the time. If the NFL can spend millions on drafting and get all of the busts that they get, imagine how tough it is when analysing 16,17 and 18 yr old kids. The way I look at it is that when you are a great evaluator of talent you will miss on probably 35 to 40% of the kids, but so will every other school that is great, the good will miss on 45 to 55%, the avg. ones will miss on 55 to 65%, so on and so as. Baseball scouts have made their entire reputation on signing guys like Mantel, Mays, Ruth, etc. and that may have been the only guy they ever signed that made the big leagues.

IMHO recruiting is only about 35 to 40% of the process. The rest is getting guys in their right position, teaching them that position, getting the guys to buy into the schemes, attitude, confidence, teaching them as individuals, teaching them as a team, etc and then gameplans, play calling, etc.; along with that you have the factors that you can't teach people such as what Saban said was going to be the most important factor heading into this season; how to handle adversity. We have the best coach in the world captaining our ship, let us follow him to distant shores without restraint, conjecture and doubt.

5. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

I'm all for signing Patrick White because ... well, because I went to junior high school in Daphne, Alabama. That ought to count for something!

6. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Yeah I rather win Football National Championships, than recruiting National Championships, ask Mack Brown how those Feburary National Championships are doing him.

7. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Sounds like he may be as good as Doucet, only he didn't get his highlights and info out.

8. lsuirish

lsuirish Founding Member

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Don't confuse this guy with Doucet. Doucet played most of his senior season with a nagging injury and was only playing at about 80%. Plus, Doucet has been playing out of position, since St. Martinville had a bigger need for Doucet at QB. He is such the team player, he didn't care where he played, as long as he was on the field.

10. tpb

tpb Founding Member

I read where LSU wants White pretty bad. Seems like he's a great athlete and can play a number of positions including QB which we may need, you never know. Look at the players starting now who've been moved from where they were recruited.