Patrick White Disappointment?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by max, Jan 19, 2004.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

In my opinion, Saban's ability to find THE RIGHT POSITION for these recruits and their success once he puts them there has got to be a major recruiting factor in our favor. I'm sure that most guys out of HS would LOVE to start at almost ANY position as long as it is for a team that is always in the chase...

And if they don't they won't play in TS on Saturday nights...

2. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

White is a stud... I went to Daphne High School and live in Mobile, so trust me this guy is a stud. He is probably one of the best athletes to ever come out of Daphne (including Kenny King, Bama DT...now plays for Arizona)....He hasn't gotten much pub because high school football in Alabama isn't like it is in other states, by that I mean it doesn't get much attention...

the only problem is that White wants to play QB....so hopefully Saban talked some since into him and told him his future is at another position!!

So to sum it up.....NO WAY WOULD I BE DISSAPPOINTED IF WE SIGNED PATRICK WHITE

3. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Nope, Saban actually told him that he would be looked at in both positions, at wide receiver and QB, and he really liked that. However, I believe once he gets here and sees how good the QBs we have over here are, that he may then have a change of heart.

4. titanrook

titanrook Freshman

I believe getting Patrick White would be a steal.Nick Saban and his staff can flat out coach and evaluate talent not stats.Patrick come on down to the Red Stick.

5. Dilrod

Dilrod Freshman

Was doing some research on Pat White and found this old message. Sorry to bring up such an old topic, but I bet LSU wishes they had him now.

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Was thinking the same thing recently. I keep seeing White's name on ESPN and kept wondering where I had heard his name before. Then I remembered his recruiting and really wished we had got him.

Oh well though. I can't imagine he would be playing in front of Russell right now. Probably the best decision the kid ever made...

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Not at the quarterback position.

8. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

White was being recruited as a WR to LSU, obviously he's a much better fit as QB in WV's system. Whether he would have made an impact at WR here is obviously something we'll never know, but he's a gifted athlete.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

It doesn't matter, because he's going to play WR in the NFL. Saban made a living off of telling people what position they would succeed at in the NFL.

Nobody runs the spread option in the National Football League.

Why would you want a player to waste four years of his life playing at a position that he would be behind the 8-ball on as a professional?

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Except perhaps Atlanta.