Paul/ frank pot legalization bill Friday

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rwilliams, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I think pot is a lesser evil than alcohol. Alcoholics come home drunk and violent. They often are abusive to their families. Some people I know will fight and argue every time they drink. They can't drink without getting very drunk and abusive. I have known several stoners in my life. Not all of them were young. I knew a couple of older dudes that have smoked since nam. I have never seen a stoner get violent because of pot like I have seen some people get violent every time they drink. If one is legal they should both be. Alcohol and pot both are intoxicants. What's the difference? Pot doesn't have the same life destroying traits as coke and meth. It's more like alochol than it is like a hard drug like meth.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Because stoners and growers don't have lobbyists?

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

they do and you know it. or did you forget? :rofl:

4. LaSalleAve

well they may but they aren't effective. they are too busy doing things like learning how to play the sitar, and playing frisbee golf.

5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Actually, they are being very effective, thus the vote. Legalization is the goal, right?

6. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Some people say it is easier to tax the alcohol…I call bullschite on that theory though. When they banned alcohol from the states you still had people bringing it into the country illegally and people producing it here, much like weed today.

If it were made legal, the cigarette companies would immediately start producing and selling making them so cheap and already rolled that they would be the major sellers and tax payers not the Joe Grower in the burbs.

It is illegal still because of the stigma as a gateway drug and “stoner” persona. There is a myth out there that anyone who smokes becomes worthless and unproductive. Which is simply not true…unless you become so addicted that you do it ALL the time. You know, like an alcoholic off the wagon.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

They once tried to make alcohol illegal. It didn't work out.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I must admit that 40 years of marijuana abuse has left me with a top job in my field, career satisfaction, hundreds of friends, no debt, abundant savings, an adventurous youth, a licentious middle age, and prospects for for a comfortable and positively decadent retirement.

Beer has crippled me as well.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's warped your political sense, though. LaSalle always agrees with you. What does that say?

10. LaSalleAve

Yeah that damned weed, how dare it make you think for yourself.