Pay Czar says no to Fox News

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Oct 22, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nixon had an official White House enemies list that included journalists.

Raul Emmanuel has the reputation of a control freak and he's testing the media. Clearly the administration doesn't have to be friendly to hostile commentators like Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, etc, any more than Bush was friendly to Michael Moore or Al Franken.

But he can't keep their legitimate news reporters from reporting. It's up to the public to decide if they are biased and switch them off. I watch FOX to be amused by O'Reilly and the rest of the brown shirts, and I simply disregard their highly biased news segments. But I get to make that choice, not Raul Emmanuel.

2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

exactly. I think it is quite telling that the rest of the media world is pushing back at the administration. This might prove to be a fight they will not win and should have never picked. If, and probably when, they lose this fight, it will do even more damage to the administration's downward trending public support.

3. red55

Which is owned 100% by AIG.

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I knew Nixon was a vindictive bastard and had it out for some of the media. He didnt take on an entire national news network though.

This has an Emmanual stench all over it. Obama is going to have to step in and clean this mess up though. I agree that hostile commentators dont have to be dealt with but you cant shut out an entire network that devotes 80% of their programming to news because you dont like Beck and Hannity.

Its funny that O'Reilly isnt even viewed as one of the problems. I believe Obama has been on his show but an administration can not decide what the public watches and who they pay attention to. Thats exactly what they are trying to do here and its unprecedented in our history. This is one ground breaking move that Obama will wish he didnt make. These reporters are all brothers in arms and even the most liberal will not sit idly by while some control freak commie like Emmanual presses the issue. They will lose, and lose big.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Nope. Chartis, Inc is totally autonomous. Chartis has it's own CEO and BoD and is in now way connected to AIG.

6. red55

Semantics. No one is fooled. Chartis is a wholly owned subsidiary of AIG. They have made plans to sell perhaps 20% of it, but it hasn't happened yet.

If I said that I work for LSU, which is totally autonomous and not connected in any way with the State of Louisiana . . . you would also call BS.

7. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

As much time as you spend on here i almost cry BS that you are employed. :hihi::rofl:

1 person likes this.
  8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Fascinating how someone can act like he knows what he's talking about when, in fact he has no clue. I don't get my info off the internet, Clyde. I'm on the inside.

9. red55

So you are saying both sources lie and that AIG does not own Chartis. It should be easy for you to prove. Perhaps something happened since July that isn't noted above?

10. red55

Yep, I'm the guy sitting across the room from you at the employment office.