Peak oil?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Frogleg, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Now that the high voltage problem is solved its time to put this baby on Kickstarter or GoFundMe and raise some money to get make this project a reality. One potential problem I thought could be an issue is the water. Not really a problem in most states but can you imagine the effect in drought stricken California of a few million people filling their tanks with water every day. Then last night I saw this video about a device that makes water from the moisture in the air. The one in the video makes up to 600 gallons a day but costs $70,000. But cars don't need anywhere near 600 gallons and if a much smaller device were to be installed on cars the price would become affordable soon enough because of mass production. It also solves the problem of where to refill while traveling. After all, when people stop buying gasoline all the gas stations will have to close down.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4356561373001/pulling-drinking-water-from-thin-air/?#sp=show-clips

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

It's called a dehumidifier. I used to get about a half gallon every couple days.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

it was more the pure vacuum he created more than his sewing thread filament if i recall. but like anything else. we've all had great ideas to some extent. never doing shit about it. the dude who overhears it, patents it and takes it to the bank is the actual smart mf. edison was a liar and a thief. but smart to be one.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If Bear Gryll had had one of those on the raft he wouldn't have had to hydrate rectally

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. tirk

he didnt have to there either. butt hey, fun is fun.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've also heard that the Wright Brothers weren't the first to fly an airplane and that Columbus didn't discover America

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And it wouldn't do much for the ratings if all he did was drink a glass of water.

8. tirk

thats all that les stroud does. and complain about what others do that you shouldnt in survival (always has bear grylls on his mind). I cant watch that show however for that reason. borrring.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The second law of thermodynamics has not been solved. Reality has nothing to do with your fantasies.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I have been on this world two days short of 63 years and one month.

I made it that long without reading Hydrate Rectally in a sentence.

Kind of wish I had made it a bit longer. Was not to be I guess. Thanks.

el005639, Bengal B, LSUDad and 2 others like this.