Pelican rebuild begins

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by mctiger, Jul 26, 2021.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Bledsoe and Adams to the Grizzlies, along with picks 10 and 40, and next year's conditional 1 from the Lakers.

Pels get Jonas Valanciunas, the No. 17 pick and the No. 51 pick.

Their roster today is not as good as it was yesterday, but they have unloaded a bad contract (Bledsoe) and don't lose much in the center swap. Better positioned now to either resign Ball or make the move for Kyle Lowery that's been discussed.

Jmg and kcal like this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i wish they hadnt traded jrue holiday.

i am not sure i trust this front office

3. mctiger

I think a lot of people are disillusioned with Griffin. The rumblings from the Zion entourage don't help. I'm optimistic about the hiring of Green, though. Players say a lot of good things about him.

Agree with you on Jrue, he could have been the stabilizing vet the team needed last year. Bledsoe sure didn't do it.

4. mctiger

Pels have traded pick no. 53 for "cash considerations", whatever that means.

5. mctiger

6. mctiger

Lonzo Ball gone to the Bulls in an S&T. We get former Tiger Garrett Temple, another guy and a pick in the trade. Missed on Lowry, and we pick up Davonte Graham from the Hornets in an S&T, cost us one of our cache' of number ones. Temple and Graham upgrade our outside shooting.

Pels were a very young roster going into last season. Holding on to all those picks gained in the Davis and Holiday trades would only have made us younger, and probably with only so-so players considering they'll all end up being low first round. Griffin seems to be using the picks to trade for some veteran presence. Also freeing up cap space for a possible splash signing next year. All sounds good, but they need to show substantial progress on the court in 21-22 if they hope to keep Zion.

kcal likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i think our only hope is that zion idolizes giannis and wants to follow his plan of bring the title to a small market

mctiger likes this.