Pelini Interviewed by NU Monday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Purple & Gold

Purple & Gold Founding Member

I agree and thought that the fact that he interviewed in BR was pretty well communicated. I guess my question is why even take the bait and allow Glenn Guilbeau the oppurtunity to exploit you....an entire article was written suggesting that Miles was denying that Pelini had interviewed.

Instead, why not say "Bo would never leave town the week before a game much less the SEC championship. My information is that he interviewed here in BR and was back to work within two hours." End of story and certainly no article written suggesting that Coach Miles is denying that Pelini interviewed.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Brent Venables (sp?) has been DC at OU since before the '03 MNC game. Mike Stoops took the Arizona jo sometime between Big XII CG and Sugar that year, and BV, who was already on the staff, took over as DC before the bowl game, and as kept the position ever since. Pelini was Defensive backs coach there (may have had the title of CO-DC though).

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Well, looks like Pelini got the job. Nebraska team to be notified this afternoon that they have hired a coach, but won't reveal the name. I find that odd.

4. Carface

Carface What the...?

Jim Grobe of Wake Forest apparently is also in the mix. The Journal Star is reporting that he supposedly met with Osborne yesterday.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/11/27/huskerextra/football/doc474c555d4bc77995401538.txt

5. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Maybe it's time to track flights out of BTR:hihi:

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

Not so fast...

But I guess it just depends on who you believe.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/11/27/huskerextra/football/doc474b31e81553b765416383.txt

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I would tend to believe the team meeting was for other business. It would be really odd to tell the team they hired a coach but not reveal the name.

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I think they are saying they will tell the team who the new coach is, just not introduce him. That would be even more odd.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

and we're talking nebraska here, so what do you expect? :hihi: