Pelini

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Husker Ed, May 12, 2008.

1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Actually they play TTU in Lubbock on 10/11, even I am not so bold to pick 700 yards, but 600......just maybe.....:)

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i wouldnt be so confident. under bo's watch, the great lsu d last season gave up 513 to a one dimensional team at home.

3. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

75 was from overtime :hihi::hihi::yelwink2:

4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

4th and 10. 4th and 10! :bncry:

5. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

I think that is the hardest, because a one dimensional RUNNING team converted a 4th and 10 pass.:cuss::cuss:

6. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Bo did great for us, just as Muschamp before him. Miles has proven his ability to recognize talent in both players and coaches so I feel confident that our current two-coach system will work out. If not, he will correct it.

We did suffer from several injuries last year and that hampered us as the year wore on. However, he still seemed to get good performance out of our athletes. The only thing I would have really liked to see change would have been for our corners to jam the wr at the line. Since they were expected to play man coverage in many situations, not jamming always puzzled me. Perhaps he lacked confidence in our corners, or maybe it goes against his philosophy. I don't know, but I hope our future corners will be allowed to do this. Judging from the Spring game, it looks like they will.

For Nebraska, I see a massive improvement. He is by all accounts a quality man who understands and is willing to accommodate the proud tradition of Nebraska football. The only thing I ever heard that might not work out for you is that he supposedly does not enjoy recruiting. He will have to overcome that or hire some real hogs to get this done for him. Regardless, you guys will improve in attitude and the mental aspect is a huge part at this level.

It will be great to see someone besides Oklahoma or Texas regularly competing for the conference title. And who knows, maybe LSU will have a chance to meet you guys in a bowl game again, and avenge those awful losses to you in the 80's. I can still feel the Sugar Bowl loss from '86...:)

1 person likes this.