Pellet Guns

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by KyleK, Oct 28, 2009.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

When I first got mine, I hung a target on my neighbors old cedar fence. a few pellets went right through it. Got a piece of plywood and they were burying themselves pretty well in it. Supposedly 1000 feet per minute w/ regular pellets and 1200 fpm w/ their fancy pellets. I've killed a bunch of squirrels w the regular ones, I think I'll hold off buying the fancy ones.

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I bought a variety pack of pellets, came in a little plastic, "tackle box" thing, with I think 12 compartments. Probably 50 or 100 pellets each. Something like $12.95..its been awhile, I remember the concept, not the specifics.

Just started shooting, and found a couple types of pellets that seemed to consistently shoot the best.

The ones I shoot are more expensive than basic..but not real expensive, are Semi rounded at front, but a little "hollow point" dimple.

I consistently shoot 1" groups at 50 yards at the shooting range, with scope.

Good Luck

hwr

3. KyleK

squirrel count: 14

went to pick up Emma at the mall today. when we got home, one was barking from the neighbor's tree (about 35 yards). went inside, got the Gammo, came back out and he hadn't moved and was still barking. one shot, one kill!

1 person likes this.
  4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Good job, I got two today with the wife taking oldest daughter back to school and little girl at work. Dem wimmens hate to see me shoot the little rats. When the wimmins away, the cat will play. Reload

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You remind of the time I was videotaping a rabbit hunt:

(gun fires)

Hunter 1: Did you get him?

Hunter 2: You heard me shoot, didn't you?

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Quit jerking the trigger and you will keep that 3rd round from tailing on you:thumb:

7. KyleK

I'll work on that..........just as soon as it gets above freezing!

8. KyleK

so i haven't seen or heard a damn squirrel in a week. could our neighborhood "war" have been a success this quickly? i was beginning to miss the little bastids when i hear one scratching around in my dang attic. grabbed the gamo, flicked on the lights in the attic (i have about 1500sf of decked attic)and started huntin. as i see him dive down over a bay window, i sorta felt like bill murray in caddy shack. however, it occurred to me that i can't shoot him up here. if i do and he dies, he'll be in the wall and i'll never hear or smell the end of it.

the snow has finally all melted and we should be in the 40's at first light tomorrow. i found his hole over my daughter's bay window. so, tomorrow morning as i drink my coffee, i'll be in the front yard waiting for him to come out.....

more to come.

9. KyleK

hahaha! very overcast and still today. birds are out. just looked out my front window. 5 of the little rats in my front yard. eased out the front door, took aim at the closest one. squeezed off a shot and the little bastid did a flip straight up in the air. he took off full speed for the nearest tree, jumped up, then fell straight back! helluva blast of adrenalin.

squirrel count: 15 :)

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

you are having waaaaaay too much fun with this.:hihi: