Pellet Guns

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by KyleK, Oct 28, 2009.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

dang, you figured me out! did get one yesterday :) (man it's funny how excited emma gets when i tell her i shot one. i worry about her) it was 68 degrees today. made me want to sit out on the porch and drink and shoot. didn't have time though :( . soon little wretched rats, soon :cool:

2. KyleK

So I got out of the truck a little while ago and the little bastid was barking like crazy at me from my neighbors tree. I went inside, got a beer and the pellet gun, came back out and he was barking even more feverishly. Couldn't get a head shot, it was shielded by a limb, so I took a side body shot. He just about fell out of the tree, but managed to hang on. He crossed into the neighbor's fenced yard (still in the tree, but listing badly) and was limping up the tree. I thought I was all alone, but a little voice says "did ya get him?". Emma just seems to know when I'm on the hunt! She finished him off :)

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

remind me not to sneak up on that girl or do anything to upset her when i see her again.

and she looks so sweet.......:lol:

4. KyleK

she's turning out to be a heck of a good shot :)

Haley is just the opposite. She can't even stand the thought of killing anything. She's my girlie girl!

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We had (he died recently) a crazy old man in my neighborhood with a pellet rifle and it was his preferred method of communication. He probably thought he was being sneaky, but everyone saw him at one time or another.

He would shoot stray dogs, not to kill, but to piss them off. He would take potshots at cars that he thought were driving too fast. Neighbors he disliked would find little pellet holes in their screened porches or a potted plant shattered. But I never saw him shoot at a bird or a rodent. I don't think he ever actually shot at a person, but he threatened a few loud neighborhood kids and he was hell on Mormon missionaries that came into his yard. He sent some Pentacostals running once.

I don't own an air rifle, just big loud guns. They deliver me not unto temptation . . .

6. KyleK

I'm not too sneaky. Everyone in the neighborhood who has a gun is in on this these days. Those that don't, are cheering those of us that do, on.

I can't shoot the dogs to piss them off. Mine is a crack barrel. One pump and it is at full power.

You should try a good pellet gun. They are addictive. Really cheap to shoot, and if you get a nice one, they are as accurate at the range as your 22.

7. KyleK

I've shot a few over the past few weeks and forgot to post!

I was just inside my house looking out at the front yard. Watched a little rat crawl up the tree right in front of me. Opened the front door and just stuck the barrel out. Probably only 10 yards away, bullseye through the head! Guess I had better start my count back up for the few more days that I am here loading stuff.