Penalties

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JohnnyTiger, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The aggressive play penalties don't bother me as much as the false starts, procedure, illegal substitution, delay of game type stuff. That was pretty much non existent last night. Credit to players AND coaches...

2. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Well, those late hits can really screw up a game. That roughing the QB call was on an incomplete 3rd down pass and gave them a 1st down. Almost like a turnover but no lost yardage. There was another late hit out of bounds late in the game that wasn't called, I believe on an incomplete Florida pass. While those might be aggression penalities, the coach does need to get into the players head and read them the rule book.

As far as the PI penalty in the endzone and the lack of one on Tolliver the play before his last minute TD, that was home cooking. We seemed to have a flag happy reffing crew out there last night. Just glad they weren't wearing orange colored glasses.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Those are on the coaches when they happen. Like you said, thankfully there were non-issues.

4. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

you left out our first false start penalty. a florida player jumped towards the line and T-BOB jumped up trying to get the 5 yard penalty. The only problem was the Florida guy never crossed the neutral zone. So I don't think that was a boneheaded penalty but an attempt at something smart.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This offense can't afford penalties.

That's why we put up 33 points last night. We had 1 offensive penalty. And guess what, it stopped a very promising drive.

So yes, penalties are crucial to this team from an offensive standpoint.

Defensively, we can commit penalties and still survive them. We've done that a lot this year.