Penn State: Know Thy Enemy

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JohnLSU, Dec 24, 2009.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Academic All-American LB Josh Hull (5th-year Senior). Rated the #9 ILB in the 2010 Draft (projected 6th Round) by NFL Draft Scout. Was awarded Penn State's Frank Patrick Total Commitment Award and Eric A. Walker Award.

Redshirt junior superstar LB Bowman on Hull: "That’s one of the seniors who I look up to the most."

DC Bradley on Hull: 'That’s one heck-of-a person. He’s a heck-of-a competitor. He means a lot to this football team."

[Despite the presence of All-Americans OLB Bowman and ILB Lee] I would actually rank Josh Hull at the top of the group based on their performances in the 2009 season. Hull was the only linebacker that really provided any stability at the position this season as Bowman and Lee each hit the injury bug at times. Hull also seemed to come up with some clutch tackles and turnovers as the season rolled along (LINK).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Highlight reel hyping these three:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mZSTeD9Qvc[/MEDIA]

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Phil Steele's 2009 College Football publication pointed out that Penn State's LBs this year are "college football's finest linebacker unit"

It's like the are the 2009 college football equivlant to the Saints "Dome Patrol" LBs of the Jim Mora days.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

They don't call them Linebacker U. for nothing.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Lee to the Baton Rouge Advocate:

“When you’re playing for Joe, you can’t look at him with awe and treat him as some famous guy you don’t know. Yeah, he’s a legend, bit he’s also still our coach, and the guy is working as hard as he can to get us to play as hard as can.

“Sometimes, though, when we’re in full-squad meetings and Joe is in the front speaking to all of us, I think to myself ‘I can’t believe I play for Joe Paterno.’ It really makes you humble.”

Added [back-up sophomore] linebacker Michael Mauti, “It’s something you realize when you first get here, that you’re getting to be a part of something a lot bigger than you, because every game Joe coaches and wins is another piece of college football history.”

2theadvocate.com | Sports | Still the head Lion — Baton Rouge, LA

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Chavis must be drooling over LBs like that !!!!

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

John, That's a lot of good work to put that together. It will add a lot to my enjoyment of the game. THANKS!!!

:geaux:

1 person likes this.
  8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yeah, it's Mafia-style... like his assistant coaches are the godfather's "made men." Speaking of Italians and the New York mafia, Paterno and Vince Lombardi are both from Brooklyn, and they both went to Roman Catholic high schools in Brooklyn and Queens... and both Paterno and Lombardi are life-long Catholics. Of course, Lombardi is deceased... he died at age 57 in 1970. If he was still alive today, he'd be 96 years old.

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

6-5, 256 DE Jack Crawford (true sophomore). NFL Draft scout projects him as the #4 DE for the 2012 Draft. 2009 honorable mention All-Big Ten

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Reminded me of Mr. Clean :hihi: