Penn State: Know Thy Enemy

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JohnLSU, Dec 24, 2009.

1. LSUTIgerSTL

LSUTIgerSTL Freshman

John, a ton of great 'scouting', thanks for the info and all of the references. Great program, classy coach, good team....yet they lost to their two big tests in the BIG 10 (11). Big 10 (11) still is at a deficit when it comes to speed. Looking forward to the game. My prediction Tigers 27 PSU 17. :geaux:

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

That's not it at all. You post NOTHING but stats and photos. It's not always about the other team, either. Quite frankly, those who say "good job" with the scouting reports are right, IMO. You do a very good job at that.
    -
    BUT...the tone of your posts indicate we are in some DEEP sheet with this Penn St. club. My point was simply this...your posts in this thread read an awful lot like the sports writers articles before the previous 4 bowl games...and none of them were even close matchups in reality.
    -
    The fact that YOU had never heard of the likes of Devon Hester prior to the Peach Bowl that year only proves that you were living in a cave at the time. They were gonna use him in ways that LSU couldn't possibly imagine, and we had never played against anyone like him before. They flat out said he would be a big mover come draft day because of what he was gonna do against LSU. Guess what though...he didn't do crap...except get absolutely embarrassed...PERSONALLY...all night.
    -
    ND was more than just Quinn and Smarjicheck or whatever too...at least according to the writers and talking heads. They had the genius guru Fat Chollie walking (floundering) on their sideline, for crying out loud. If I recall correctly though, Smarjistan had a nice catch (emphasis on 'A' nice catch), and Darius Walker or whoever their RB was had a nice run. Then we got tired of letting them be on the same field as us...and that was that.
    -
    tOSU...I don't give a rats hind end WHERE they were ranked preseason. They were #1, we were #2, and everyone said we backed into that game. I personally saw and heard Corso from about 20 feet away before I walked into the dome say "GO BUCKEYES"!!!! With all your research, I can't believe that's all the names you remember from that loaded bunch. Remember Tressel? You seem to conveniently forget that we have a labotomy recipient for a coach according to the world, including some of our own fans. No way he can beat the Vest! But in fact, in every game I mentioned, not only did LSU outplay (dominantly) the favored opponent. :miles: outcoached (DOMINANTLY) the opposing coach...period. Same with smart arse Paul Johnson last year. They were gonna run all over our sorry defense...and with that true freshman QB, we didn't stand a chance. Ooops!
    -
    Fact is, I do appreciate your research...could do with a few hundred less photos, and wish you would either start your own website, or wait until people reply to your posts before you add another 3 or 4 or 12 posts. But, mainly, I wanna know how you feel LSU stacks up against this obviously superior opponent. Have you researched our team this much?
    -
    Also, (my apologies in advance to the PSU faithful among us), take into consideration that this is a big 11 team we're facing. Sorry...I just ain't scared of that . We've lost to the #1 and #2 team in the country this season, playing our worst game of the season against UF, and were in both games. In fact, got jobbed against the current #1 team, and should have beaten their arses. My point is, you make it out to be a miracle if we survive, let alone actually hang with PSU. I contend that we're about to beat the living hell out of another overhyped Big 11 squad that has no business being on the same field with an elite SEC team like LSU. Do some research to prove me wrong.

3 people like this.
  3. psu--lioness

psu--lioness Freshman

OK now I am really frightened........:rofl:

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Hero position (what they call their strong safety)... Nick Sukay (3rd-year/redshirt sophomore). Was #5 on their team in tackles this season (behind the free safety and the 3 LBs)... had 2 INTs and 8 passes broken up. NFL Draft Scout projects him as the #19 SS available in the 2012 Draft, says he "has great athleticism." Rated the #10 safety in the nation by Scout.com and the #13 safety in the nation by Rivals.com coming out of high school in '07.

[​IMG]
    Nick Sukay, left, makes the hit on Michigan State tight end Charlie Gantt

[​IMG]

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

-
    \

Did you even bother to read Fishhead's post?

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Ya. Did you read mine? If you don't like the thread, don't read it. It really is that simple.

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Don't forget about what Miles and Crowton did to VT in 2007... beat them 52-7, we had 598 yards against the great Bud Foster's D and held their offense to only 149 yards. That was the most jaw-dropping LSU win to me under Miles.

And yeah, seeing both Tressel and Johnson's faces turn bright red in furious anger and shame as we beat them both down... almost made me sorry for them as human beings. I can't remember the last time I've ever seen a coach look so humiliated on the sidelines.

Ya, I knew nothing about the Miami and ND teams we played. Wish I would have known more about them... would have made beating them down even more enjoyable. I did do a lot of research on the Ohio State and GT teams we played (that GT defensive line was one of the best in college football... all 4 were projected to be drafted... and they all were so far: DE Johnson went in the the 3rd Round in the 2009 Draft, DT Garder went in the 5th Round in the 2009 Draft, and DT Walker went in the 7th Round in the 2009 Draft... the fourth guy, DE Morgan, is an All-American this year and is currently ranked the #5 D-lineman in the NCAA by Rivals.com).

And based on what I learned about those GT and Ohio State teams, I think this Penn State team is little more impressive. But LSU has a great team as well. Should be a great game.... a lot more interesting than TCU vs Boise State or Cincy vs Florida, for example... and I'm sure many college football fans are looking forward to this game more than they are looking forward to Oregon vs Ohio State and Iowa vs GT.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Are you tirk posting here with another username?

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Fishead, Don't blow John's cover. He's setting those guys up for the little "side wager" on the game. He's gonna take LSU and the points and make a killing after the game Is over !! :thumb:

Next someone's going to point out to John's new marks that he's really one of our ex governors who's serving time in Angola. Give John a break...$100 buys a lot of cigarettes in prison. :hihi:.

10. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I think coaching aside, what really boils down to is how well the LSU offense executes the plays, and how well the O line is able to handle their D line, both physically and mentally. If the LSU offense doesn't get bogged down, or shut down by the Penn St. defense, I like our chances. I am curious how well the Penn St defense handles the spread type offense.