Per A&M AD, No LSU Series

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Aug 7, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

In a weekly message from A&M's AD he addressed the topic of renewing the LSU series.
    And I quote"Renewing the LSU rivalry. No. Neither school is interested. We recruit heavily in the Houston area, and so do they, and we’re not going to give that kind of major program from a rival conference a presence in or around one of our primary markets."
    This is the most piss poor excuse I have ever seen "we’re not going to give that kind of major program from a rival conference a presence in or around one of our primary markets." I think they are scared of us and feel if we play them we will steal recruites away from them. What will happen, we play them and suddenly get 20 recruites from the state of Texas. Mabey we should not have played The Citadel. Giving them exposer in LA could help them steal our recruites away:D :D :D

P.S The other topic about the water cooler color is very funny. "This matter of maroon coolers instead of Gatorade’s orange…folks, one thing we’re going to change here is the fixation on the Longhorns. I don’t want to be measured against one program. Our goal is to become the best in the country. We have to lose that idea that one game a year matters."

Poor Aggies

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Who cares? We used to play A&M every year for years so its "been there, done that" I would rather see the Tigers play home and home series with Texas, Oklahoma, Miami, Notre Dame and others ever year. LSU already owns Houston as much as A&M or Texas does as far as recruiting goes. Games against USC, UCLA, Miami and Florida State would go a long way to help recruiting exposure in California and the west coast and in Florida.
    Games with Ohio State and Penn State would do a world of good for recruiting in football talent heavy states Ohio and Pennsylvania. LSU already competes on an equal level for the best high school players in Texas with A&M, Texas and Oklahoma. We do well getting a few of the cream of the crop in Florida. Its time to expand that recruiting base to the west coast and the midwest.

3. MemphisTigerFan

MemphisTigerFan Freshman

I can remember when LSU had to protect itself against major programs coming into Louisiana and getting all of our guys. It is a great problem we have trying to determine how to better get into someone else's backyard to get the best players that state has to offer. I would love to see LSU recruit on the west coast and in Ohio and Pennsylvania as well as they do in Texas and recently in Florida. What a great time to be a tiger fan. Geaux Tigers and geaux Nick Saban and coaches. You guys are doing a great job.

4. I'm glad about it, I have no interest in playing those guys.

5. TravisCoTiger

TravisCoTiger Founding Member

I know I'm beating a dead horse,but if any aggies start their sh-t about LSU's "backing out" of the series,kindly remind them of the severe -ss-kicking they would've gotten had we played their bad-ssed 6-6 team(which lost to USL,BTW) in '96.

6. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Actually, I think what they're reall afraid of is our Golden Girls. Them milkmen don't want hotties coming in and converting their "yell leaders".

7. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

There was a change to the A&M AD comment about the LSU series. [EDITOR'S NOTE: Bill received a call from LSU since this item was addressed. Accordingly, we have changed his response that was quoted in The Eagle.] LSU called last week. They are interested in the game, we're not. "
    So we are in fact interested in renewing the series it's just the poor ags that said no.

8. so they're backing out now.... very interesting.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The Aggie coach is the one that doesn't want a piece of Nick or LSU after refusing to shake hands and getting in his face last year. We owe that bastard.

I don't want to start another home and home series with A&M . . . but I sure hope to meet them in a BCS bowl. Sugar will do.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

To hell with the Aggies. Who needs them? Lets get real. Would you rather see LSU play A&M every year or see a Miami, Oklahoma, USC, Notre Dame or a Michigan rotated through the schedule year after year?