Perfect pres ticket

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rwilliams, Apr 21, 2011.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Good idea! Put 10 Democrats, 10 Republicans, and 10 "other" candidates in a room and conduct a cakewalk. The first 29 each win a cake and #30 becomes President.

We'll probably get better candidates. We've already proven you need NO experience to fill the oval office.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah, that's why in the midst of about 10 crises he's out politicking.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I don't believe Obama will win any state he lost in 2012. He'll hold the liberal left coast and most of the New England states as well as his home state.

The interesting states will be Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia. Considering the economy and the popularity of Gov. Christie exposing the union corruption...Minnesota, New Jersey, and Wisconsin could also be interesting.

As much as we talk about "throwing the bums out" for some reason we love incumbents. This will help Obama but his miserable record with unemployment and failed stimulus could balance the field for a yet to be named opponent.

The only prediction that currently looks solid is that we probably won't have a good choice for the 2012 election. We already know not to expect much from Obama and don't even know who to expect from the other side of the aisle.

The prospects of good quality candidates are even worse than America's credit future. :dis:

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That gives Grizzly Mom too much advantage.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Kenya?

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Wikipedia. Map of states with republican governors

many swing states have republican governors since the last election. Ohio and Florida especially. This will hurt Obama's election infrastructure. If gas prices don't come down the economy will not recover enough for him to run on ending the recession. Republicans must field a good ticket. Rubio would help bring in the Latino vote. He would be a great choice as vp.

7. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

The GOP has junk so far.

I'd like a Paul(either one) / Judge Napolitano

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ahh good ole Ayn Rand, the rights version of Karl Marx.

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Bout time.. I throw you a bone out there and it takes you that long to go after it?? Particularly good crop this week, I take it? ;)

And she's not that bad.. Unless of course you're one of those people that think everything should be "free".

Really, the biggest beef I have with her is that she will never use just one word where a thousand will suffice. For people like me that aren't avid readers, it makes it somewhat of a chore. :lol:

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

one would suffice.