Perrilloux misquoted in USA Today Wednesday (Flat out lie if you ask me)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Feb 3, 2005.

1. philter

philter Founding Member

http://lsu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=385610

The original misquote:

The actual quote:

NOT EVEN CLOSE! Author must be a Horn.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Wow. That's pathetic that they can construe his words that much and then go ahead and put it in quotes. This sounds much better and it's unfortunate that he got some negative press because of these jerks. Thanks for letting us know philter!

3. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

Wow that is pretty bad.

I would not be happy at all if I was this kid. Who does this reporter think he is giving players a bad name that they might not deserve?

Do writers ever have to pay for stuff like this?

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well Aubie you are right that he probably shouldn't be happy. Good news hopefully the players know the press. However some of the scrutiny he has brought on himself. I will say it again, i am very fired up he came to LSU, but some humilty is in order in my opinion.
    Plus Jamarcus Russel is 6-7.... ;)

5. Carface

Carface What the...?

As they were saying before with Les Miles, they have to learn that about 30% of the things said are going to be misconstrued in the media.

6. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

WOW. Where are all of the people who were posting all the bad things about PR yesterday on TF. The need to eat their words now.

I am glad to see that he is not the kid that people tried to make him sound like yesterday.

Welcome to LSU! PR and good luck!:thumb:

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

In the article I read, from rivals I believe (I know it wasn't the USAtoday--but it WAS the same article) RP said, "...Russell struggled....and Flynn didn't play all that much...."

Thanks for confirming that I wasn't the only one that thought the report that he "bashed" Flynn wasn't what was actually said.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ryan talked about this on his WWL interview last night with Kaare Johnson. Kaare asked what were some of the things that were being said about him that were just plain wrong, and he brought up the Flynn issue. He went on to say that when he hung out at LSU all the QBs were really good friends.

9. BillTiger

BillTiger Freshman

The error that the critical posters made was being naive about the media - a very large percent of what the media prints is WRONG. Sometimes it is maliciousness, sometimes it is stupidity. But everyone needs to understand that just because something is printed in paper does not make it a fact.

I always chuckle when people on this forum ask for a link to a media source as proof that something is correct.

NEWSPAPERS LIE.

10. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

As stated earlier the problem is that it was in quotation marks.

Should have done like in the Bible and put it italics to show that it was put there at the discretion of the translator.

The journalist that did this should be shown to the public as a complete fraud and not to be trusted. I will never believe ANYTHING written in the USA today.