Perrilloux misquoted in USA Today Wednesday (Flat out lie if you ask me)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Feb 3, 2005.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

USAToday quote WAY OFF

For ANYONE that has a rivals.com subscription, you can verify what RP ACTUALLY said with reguards to both Russell and Flynn and it's NOT what someone originally posted, saying RP said he was better than Flynn.

RP stated that Russell "struggled at times" (which all of us have said) and that "Flynn did not play all that much" ....HARDLY "ripping" remarks.

I think some people owe RP an appology for blasting him out of the water on a day that he just made LSU his college choice, making Tiger fans all across Louisiana and the country excited.

:geauxtige :crystal:

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

There's nothing I hate more are some of these reporters going for the sensationalism with these glaring headlines and misrepresentation. I think RP should sue the reporter for slander (not that I am a pro trial lawyer person). :angry:
    ________
    WENDIE 99

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Re: USAToday quote WAY OFF

what did it actually say in USA today?

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Thanks for the info Boston, but I must ask, why wouldn't you just lump this in the other thread?

5. swoop

swoop Founding Member

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

It makes that other thread and the social commentary on RP look absolutely preposterous. Not that it needed much help anyway.

7. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

The columnist just had a chat session on usatoday, and here were his comments (not even an hour ago)

Newe Orleans, Louisiana: What impact will Ryan Perrilloux have on LSU's team next season? Can he win the starting job as a true freshman?

Chris Lawlor: Winning the starting job will be tough. JaMarcus Russell is the incumbent but struggled at times. A coaching change may be the biggest obstacle and that favors Perrilloux who boldly claimed he's going to start and is better than everyone currently on the roster. Double sessions this August should be fun.

http://cgi1.usatoday.com/mchat/20050203003/tscript.htm

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I give whoever cleared this crap up credit....when I saw that post by RP I just sat there going.....damn, what is he thinking....but this does make me feel a LOT better about him.....not from a Football-Playing perspective but about his attitude.

9. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

Seriously, give me a break with this righteous BS statement. If he really said what was misquoted yesterday, then everyone can judge however they wish based on their feelings of the statement. We don't owe RP SHI# B/C SOMEONE ELSE MISQUOTED HIM. The only person that owes RP is the reporter(s) that purposly misquoted him...there is no way that was a mistake.

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

If you rip someone a new a**hole for something that they supposedly said, then you surely owe them an apology when the truth comes out. You bash the guy based on wrong info, then you take it back when said info is false.