Perrilloux on WAFB tonight...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bubbafong, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I agree Chaos, and I wonder what his disposition would be like if he did'nt win the starting job at LSU next year. :)

2. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

I am not stressing over his decision. I do think he is a loser.

We won a national championship with Matt Mauck...we don't exactly need this guy. Let him take his enitre possee and entourage to Austin.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Classy, just real classy.

Just remember your comments should he decide to wear the purple and gold next fall and lead us to some championships in his LSU career.

4. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

Feel free to remind me. Look, I don't owe this guy any respect. His actions are classless and ridiculous. This is just one big game for him. I hope he enjoys it b/c he is in for a rude awakening once he goes to college. The game is much faster and better than what he's seen at ESJ. He'll be yesterday's news if he doesn't perform, so he better enjoy it now because there are no guarantees.

Sure, if he goes to LSU, I'll support him. But I don't support his current course of action and I think he is a immature kid with a HUGE ego. I generally don't like egomaniacs that act in an immature fashion...but that's just me.

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Everyone seems to think he is "stringing texas and lsu along".. maybe the guy is truly torn.. he seems to genuinely like texas, but has always been an lsu fan and wants to be near his family.. its an enviable, but tough situation...

6. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I don't care for all this showboating of RP and dragging this out. He likes the attention and is cocky and knows he is the #1 QB out there. His attitude will be subdued once he gets on the team and hits the practice field....so be it.

I can't say I like this attention grabbing he is doing but everyone is different. I don't think this behavior would persist once he gets some playing time and everything happens a second faster than what it used to.

But regardless I would still love to see RP play at LSU. He is already NFL size, speed, and arm. So being 220lbs, 4.49 40, throws a mile, and is accurate, we could use that.

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I understand where you are coming from and don't totally disagree with that. He's an 18 year old kid with gifted physical talents thrown into a media circus about his college choice ... and his immaturity his showing.

I just thought calling him a loser was over the top. I recall a young recruit named Marquise Hill doing something similar, although not as much media hype, and he turned out OK.

Huge egos are both good and bad. Ego helps drive some people to be very successful, while irritating the hell out of people around them. Our former coach is an example of a huge ego! :thumb:

8. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

It doesn't rub me wrong that he is waiting until Feb 2nd to make his official decision. This is an important decision for him. However, from day one...this guy just keeps running his mouth. And there is a 99% chance that what he says will change every time he opens it up.

Sure, he is getting the attention and the media is giving him the podium to speak on...so I can't fault the guy entirely. But, I appreciate a guy more that just goes about his business, gets ready for the next stage in his life (college) by finishing up strong in his studies, and just STFU until he has a FINAL decision.

He was the one calling out playcalling and V. Young's play after a UT game last year...that is just BS. Don't get me wrong, I don't care for UT and I think V. Young will never step behind center in the big show, but come on. Just STFU Perrilloux.

9. Cat Squirrel

Cat Squirrel Founding Member

I have to agree with raylsu.....

The RP B.S. saga is really getting old....There's a fine line between confidence and cockiness. Good luck to him because he's a Louisiana boy, but enough already. :dis:

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Since when did basking in glory and/or attention become a crime?

You're right though, raylsu, Perrilloux is a loser. I forgot he pushed that old lady down a flight of stairs when she was in his way. I forgot he was arrested last year for selling crack to elementary kids. Oh thats right, he didn't do any of that...

This is laughable that people say they don't respect him, don't want him, and think he is a loser simply because he is taking the cards dealt to him and running with it.

By the way, Robert Royal was a bout 10x more cocky than this guy. He thought he was God's gift to the world( talking in the third person,etc) and I would say Royal was a great Tiger...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.