Perrilloux on WAFB tonight...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bubbafong, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

RayLSU, this analysis is awesome. I too am perplexed as to why they're even mentioned in the same breath as the true historically elite programs. I must say though, they've historically got the Cotton Bowl on lock, unless they're playing the Red River shoot out there. Maybe RP likes Dallas and Deep Ellum? :hihi:

2. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

I hate Texass, but you got to love their fine lookin' women.

3. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

I won't buy anything that RP says until after he meets with Bobby Bowden in a few weeks.

And Texas hasn't even won a Big 12 Championship since 1996.

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Wow, you truly are an ignorant one. :dis:

Do I do any research??? Yeah, more than you know. You actually just proved my point further and didn't even know it. :dis:

Ok, try to keep up. I was responding to a comment about LSU having more hardware than UT. Unless I really need glasses, you just supported my argument that UT has more. The last time I checked, 3 is more than 2. :dis:
    Furthermore, if you're gonna throw in 1908 for LSU than you mine as well throw in 1914,1918, 1941, 1947, 1950, 1961, 1963, 1968, and 1969 for Texas.
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/big12/texas/all_national_champs.php
    But then again I guess you'd only provide dates that help your case. :dis:

WTF are you talking about here. Yes, I am correct, UT has way more conference "hardware" than LSU. That was the whole point of my response to the comment that LSU had more hardware. What on God's green earth does the Southwest Conf. being weak have to do with that. :dis:

Trust me buddy, I don't go by hype, I do research and post based on what I know about a program. If you knew anything about the history of UT football, you would know how storied the program is. FSU???? FSU didn't start winning till the 80's, before that they were mediocre. You really are clueless if you think FSU has greater tradition than UT. I should be the one asking you if you do any research before typing that hogwash you just typed. You have just displayed your ignorance of college football. No, Seriously, you did. :dis:

5. NoLimitMD

Not to split hairs, but RayLSU never said they had more hardware. He was simply pointing out that the difference in UT and LSU isn't nearly as great as some people perceive.

6. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

FSU was RP's favorite program growing up.

Bobby Bowden has been the only FSU coach he has known and could probably care less about how FSU did when Robert Urick and Burt Reynolds went there.

What RP might be very aware of is that FSU has two Heisman Trophies sitting in their trophy case and they were both awarded to FSU QBs.

RP is going on a site visit to FSU in a few weeks. I will not count FSU out until RP says that he wants to thank Bobby Bowden for his hospitality.

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Ok folks, let's just see how ignorant ray really is. He made a comment saying Texas hasn't accomplished the greatness that FSU, yes he said FSU!

Here's how FSU stacks up with Texas.

Texas has 3 national championships and FSU only has 2.

Texas has 28 conference championships and FSU only has 14.

Texas is 786-312 all time , FSU is 428-200 all time :hihi:

Oh and check out where FSU ranks all time and where Texas ranks all time...
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/rankings/all_time_team_rankings.php

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Yeah, Texas can't touch the greatness of FSU. :rofl:

Ray, do us all a favor and do some more research before opening your piehole. :hihi:

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

That is why you must go back and look at the original post to be able to fully understand Ray's ignorance.

To really know how right I am and how wrong ray is, go back and read the post I was responding to. Ray didn't use the word "hardware", the orignal poster did.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Then you too are just as much in the dark about college football history as ray is. You guys only know about recent history and how they haven't lived up to hype, but their storied history is well known by those who have vast knowledge of college football. They are in fact a "true historically elite program" and that is why they are mentioned in the same breath. You can't let you hate for them blind you to the facts. Like them or hate them, they are one of the more storied programs...period. Deal with it.

10. NoLimitMD

That's simply not true. It all goes back to how you measure greatness historically. Maybe in your vastness you've lost the bigger picture. Maybe not, I don't really care. Total wins? Sure, UT is way up there. I tend to measure greatness in terms of national championships and absolutely give more weight to more recent accomplishments (say, in the last 30 years or so, with increasing weight as you get closer to the present.) You can go back as far as you want, and if you're a historian that's fine. I'm a fan, not a historian, so I typically don't give two rats a$$es what UT was doing during the Depression. Plain and simple. Great program, sure. Up there with Bama (IMO), no way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.