Perriloux on the Cover of DMN

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TexasTigers, Jan 13, 2005.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Dallas Morning News Sport section, matter of fact his picture took up the 3/4ths of the page and he had the entire back page. Interesting read, he sure is enjoying the recruiting ride, he said in the end of the long article he already knows where he is going, the school where he is going already knows.
    He said on Feb 2nd he is going to have all the hats of the schools on a table in front of him, and another with a black sheet over it, then he will pull it off to reveal his choice.

Several other things in there of interest, my take he is going to Texas. But I have believed that all along anyway. So to me the rest is academic.

I will reserve comment on the rest, and allow other people to make their own judgements.. www.dallasnews.com

2. philter

philter Founding Member

I read that, and felt really assured he was coming to LSU after about a week of feeling he was Texas bound. Funny how opinions can differ after reading the same story.

3. TexasTigers

That is true... I just got a hunch the only reason he has LSU in the fight is because he is in the Belly of the Beast so to speak and the best way to keep all the LSU fans at home off of him is to say he still has LSU in the hunt...

Your right though depends on how you want to read it I guess.

4. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

I felt the same way (as philter). He talks about commiting too early to Texas which makes me feel better. Also he talks about exploring all his options this year which makes me thing it won't be Texas.

But...he says the school he is going to already knows he is coming and LSU was out after Saban left but is now back in. These two togeather don't make me feel so good.

Also the #1 thing for this kid is playing time and this is where I would look first for a motivation to choose a school. He said he is not afraid of competition but I think that he feels the less competion the better.

He would love to stun everyone on signing day and since he has been between LSU and Texas, I think it might be somewhere like Miami.
    Who was behind Berlin and would he be easiest for Ryan to beat out and start as a freshman?

I don't know but come signing day I'll be waiting to hear the news just like everyone else. Here's to hoping Miles is as great a recruiter as we hear because he's gonna get the last shot at this kid and has a good chance of helping him become a Tiger! :geaux:

5. TexasTigers

Personally I wont judge Miles or this recruiting class on getting this kid. I wish him success no matter where he goes. I love when Louisiana kids succeed and hope he excels.
    BUT if he spurns his home state, I wont blame Miles or LSU, fact is kid someone told him something he liked to here, and heck maybe he wants to go away to school and experience new things.. I dont blame any kid for that.

6. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

TexasTigers --
    Hey I was just excited that we got some form of LSU coverage in the DMN. Arkansas gets ten time the coverage we do. Anyway, the Ryan kid seems to enjoy the drama too much. I would guess he would pick a place no one suspects. Not sure I see him at Texas behind Young but I could be wrong.

7. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

In the end, I think it comes down his mom wanting him to go to LSU, I think he does prefer Texas over LSU personally, but I believe his family really wants him close to home. I also think that Jimbo Fisher coming back really helped us in getting him since Jimbo is the one who has really been recruiting him all along.

8. max

max Founding Member

I'm not even sure I want this player anymore no matter how good he is. He is committed to Texas. He shouldn't be pulling this hat nonsense. If he is undecided, then decommit until he decides. If he is going to LSU, then switch his commitment. If he is going to Texas, then just say that when people ask. This ridiculous behavior may be a harbinger of things to come for whoever signs him. Ryan, get some guts. Say where you are going and be man enough to defend it.

I assume he is going to Texas. He is committed there. If he is not, he is doing Texas wrong.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Maybe he truly bleeds purple and gold and really hates Texas. Thus he is doing this to get over on those wronghorns. :tigerhead

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

let's hope so, at this point the boy sounds like an Attn whore. Something we can do without at LSU.