Personal Foul Penalty on Field Goal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tpb, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Soap

Soap Founding Member

I agree ABC coverage was bad. They would never show replays of penalties. Like the pass interference call on Webester, they never did show us the replay.

2. Bullet_of_La

Bullet_of_La Freshman

yeah to make it worse, it backed em up like 30 yards cause it was 2 panalties.

I was wondering what the penalties were myself, cause I mean it just a field goal, I believe the worse thing in a field goal would be holding, but the personal foul I have no clue what that was about and what could result in that call on a lousy field goal.

3. Bucktown Tiger

Bucktown Tiger Founding Member

It was only 7 yards longer than an extra point, for crying out loud !
    Holding ? Give me a break. If they would have only penalized us for that, it still would have been a makeable 39 yard kick.
    Funny how that call "kept the Okies in the game", and kept the TVs around the country on.

4. Bullet_of_La

Bullet_of_La Freshman

Well this is ABC, maybe ABC had struck deals with the refs to keep the game a close one, it make sense if you look at all the penalties involved in that game that didnt have replays on em, which I think were a few.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Most critical penalties on LSU were not replayed.

6. rania

rania Founding Member

The penalty that I dont get

is the one on Adrian Mayes on the punt coverage. The Oklahoma guy caught the ball and there is no halo rule in college football this year. What was Mayes called for?
    And did anyone notice that one Oklahoma's second TD there was a flag on the field (at least that is what the TV showed) and it was never explained away and we were never told that it was a mistake by ABC or anything.

7. Bullet_of_La

Bullet_of_La Freshman

I dunno why they called that penalty on LSU for hitting the OU punt returner, although it was kinda close, he still caught the ball and was nailed, and in College football their is no rules for giving a returner like 2 yards or such to catch the ball, or something of that sort, I know the announcers talked about it and it was a replay penalty they did.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Re: The penalty that I dont get

Lsu was offsides I think they said, so it was declined.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I'm pretty sure the ref has an earpiece so the ABC execs can communicate with him to keep the game close ... ;)

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The penalty on Mayes was a bad call and the announcers even said that. It was a beautiful hit on the returner, I think the ferocity of the hit (hog collared) probably played more into the officials mind to throw the penalty. It was a CLEAN hit however.

The offsides on the LSU D on 3rd down at the 2 yard line (after the blocked punt) was never replayed as well as many of the most crucial penalties of the game on LSU. Corey Webster's interference replay was shown so far away you could not tell if the call was correct. Many interesting things happening that I thought was meant to keep the game from being a blowout.