Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by fanatic, Sep 7, 2008.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

One of those ever popular terminologies that has been forever messed up. Just like irregardless, a word that I never have figured out why it was made up.

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

That one really drives me crazy. It's not a word people! I guess I should care less about these things.......

3. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

...and for those keeping score, that is #2 on the week for me with this. But again, they possibly could care less. I'm sure there was a level of care in them so their care possibly could be less, I don't know! Maybe I should have taken more English Comp classes instead of "The Western as Literature" during intersession. Irregardlessly, I believe that group of students are responsible for the "whoo" cheer which is a peeve to many of us. Back to the thread.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

We are. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

my boss doesn't care if we show up exactly on time (within reason of course).
    he also doesn't care how long of a lunch we take, how often we come and go during the day, how many smoke breaks people take, or how early we leave in the afternoon.

as long as all of your sh!t is done, and at least someone else knows about anything pending in case someone calls while you're out.

as long as I've been on that schedule now, it can sometimes be hard to break the habit.

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I wish there were more beat downs for stupidity. If I was on a jury for some guy that dished out a beating to some dude that was just in everyone's way for no reason, or a rude employee, I would find them not guilty everytime.

7. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

I'm not talking about work. I mean if we're meeting up for lunch and we decide on 1pm, show up at 1pm. This is my time you're wasting and disrespecting.

And saying "I would of done something" instead of "I would have done..."

1 person likes this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think that's meant to be "would've" - contraction of would have - rather than "would of." I'm not really sure that's a proper contraction, though.

I can't stand when people say "I could care less." It should be "I couldn't care less." Think about the two sentences and what they mean, people.

9. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

Right, I understand that, but in written word, would of makes NO sense. And people, all too often, write of, not have.

10. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Maybe that's because the team wasn't as good when you were there and they didn't expect at a minimum a Sugar Bowl Appearence every other year. You might be showing your age.:yelwink2:

But on that same topic, it annoyed the hell out of me my senior year in Tiger Band, when after we lost to UGA ('04), everyone was complaining about possibly going to the Cotton bowl or Peach bowl. All I could do was :dis:. I told them that they should be happy to go middle to upper tier bowl game. My sister had to live the 2 years of the Curly Hallman era and the band was happy just to go to the Independence bowl because it meant a post season trip. I had trouble with them complaining about a free, all expenses paid trip to somewhere nice, when I knew my sister had to sit through two years of Curly Hallman.

So yes, I agree the students (and band members) are very spoiled now. They need to get over it.