Pete Carroll the No.1 choice to take over the 49'ers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Jan 6, 2005.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Pete Carroll the No.1 choice to take over the 49er's

Sorry, no link. I just heard it on ESPN radio. As much as I'd like to see this happen, Petey would be a fool to take over the suck-ass 49'ers; but he could be interested, particularly if he gets a similiar deal as Saban.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1959782

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Supposedly the 49ers owner has a reputation for being tight with the $$$. I'm sure they will pursue Carroll, but I'm not sure they are going to offer him a NS package. Even if they did, I think he would be crazy to take the 49ers job. He's already had a couple of HC jobs in the NFL unlike NS. My two cents, YMMV.

4. fanatic

If he does take the job, Leinart would almost certainly come out and be SF's first pick. So much for the dynasty if this happens.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Wait a minute...
    Didn't he flunk out with the Patriots?
    Or did he quit on his own to coach at USuck?
    Either way I don't think he will geaux to the NFL, I also think he's a better college coach than pro.

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Why is everyone so scared of USC all of a sudden. SO OU got blown out, so....

USC was on the brink of 3 losses last year to some horrible Pac-10 teams (UCLA should have won, Refs made sure that didnt happen) had to come back on Stanford and damn near lost to Cal who got its ass handed to him by Texas Tech.

I hope him and Lienart stays to be honest. The LSU team of last year would have hammered USC both last year and this year. Now yes we are reloading but there are plenty of teams that can beat USC.
    Put USC in the SEC and they lose 2 at minimum.
    Look USC is good but having seen their body of work in the Pac-10 no one has anything to be afraid. Sure they are a pretty good team but no better then several teams in the ACC, SEC or even Big 12.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

what about stoops? i've heard that he hasn't ruled out the NFL. losing back-to-back NC games can't do wonders for your popularity in norman. plus, he's having to rebuild for next season. anyone see it happening?

8. fanatic

I agree, but the money and his failure the fisrt time may push him over the top, especially if he gets a Saban-like deal and can have his golden boy as the frist pick.

9. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

It would be the WORST possible move for Pete Carrol. Trust me...I've worked for John and Denise DiBartolo York and they are terrible NFL owners. The 49ers are in disarray - 1. Salary cap issues big time 2. Have to pay Ericsson and the GM like 12 million 3. Candlestick Park is an old stadium which doesn't generate near the revenue of the newer NFL stadiums 4. No players at at all 5. No GM or Dir. of Player Personnel

Since Denise DiBartolo's brother Eddie got ousted for his dealings with Edwin Edwards and that whole mess, the 49ers organization has gone from being the Premier organization to possibly the Worst organization in the NFL.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Very interesting....
    Sounds like it will take alot of work for someone to get this team back together and competing, maybe only someone like Joe Walsh could fix this disaster.

I think this would be out of Pete's league!