Peter King is an idiot

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Robidoux87, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I found this on one of my favorite websites, Fire Joe Morgan.

Derek Jeter is the second-best SS on his own team. If we want to use Peter King's own words against him, he called Jeter the best "player" of his lifetime. Roger Clemens, another teammate, will end his career as a better player than Jeter.

King should stick to weird, random, disjointed and possibly inaccurate statements about football.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Sounds like someone has a man crush on Jeter and made it a huge stretch to fit it into a story.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

like i always say, derek jeter leads the league in intangibles every season. those dont show up in the box score.

4. Robidoux87

You're right. He does lead the league in leadership, calmness, clutchability and many other things that starry-eyed sportswriters (conveniently) cannot quantify.

He doesn't lead the league in scrap, grit, heart or hustle though. That's Eckstein.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

There it went. Breakfast sprayed all over my screen.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You must not be very good at Fantasy baseball. You go ahead and take Eckstein. I'll get by with Jeter. And Barry Bonds on your list? Credibility. Window.

7. Robidoux87

I play Intangibles Fantasy Baseball. I have Eckstein, Darin Erstad, Scott Podsednik, Jeter, Juan Pierre, Trot Nixon and Eckstein (again). I'm kicking ass!

8. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

You an me both. Just because Eckstein is like 3'1" he is considered to exhibit the most heart, horse malarky I say. Jeter is a thousand times better than Eckstein and i'm not afraid to say Eckstein sucks and I hate him because of the man love that this dwarf receives.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i play fantasy intangibles baseball as well.

eckstein is awesome in the "annoying unnecessary sprint to first on a walk" category.

i have aaron rowand and david wright inflating my stats in the "white guy praised for being a 'throwback' player" category.

10. Robidoux87

I think your hatred of Eckstein is misplaced. As much as he annoys me with the sprinting to first base after a walk, I actually don't have a problem with the guy.

I do have a problem with lazy sportswriters writing the exact same story about the unbelievable courage of this 4'3", 106 lb. albino who made it to the bigs and is courageously being paid $3.3 million to do this at the top of the order .298/.349/.368.

SabanFan, I can't tell if you were kidding but I'm well aware that anyone who plays Eck on a traditional Fantasy team is nuts.