Peter King on ESPN Radio

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gumborue, Dec 23, 2004.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Did I miss a word or something or did Peter King and Dan Patrick just say Saban is gone like its a done deal? Any one else hear it?

2. friday

friday Founding Member

Don't know, but I work across the street from SI. Maybe, I'll pay him a visit and ask!

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I finally had to get away from the computer and get out for some shopping and I caught a bit of something on ESPN radio but I dont know who it was and it was the end of the commentary. It went like this:

Saban reportedly met with his staff last night and told them all "if" he takes the job then each one of them would be offered a position on his new staff. The person reporting also said they were told they may not have the same jobs at Miami but he would make room for them.

That was the extent of it, take it for whats it worth. I dont know who the reporter was and what other conversation took place before that part of the report. I was just starting my car and caught the tail end.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

I tuned in at the end of the interview evidently, but definately heard them say Saban is going to Miami. Then they discussed who he will try to get as assistants. The only thing is that there might have been some qualifying statement at the beginning that I didn't hear. I'm sure someone else that uses TF heard it too and I wanted clarification.

5. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

If Saban takes Muschamp from us i will be pissed

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

They only mentioned nfl guys

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Peter King also bet everyone "a bowl of gumbo" and guaranteed us that Nick would be going to the NFL . . . after the 2002 season!

I never got my gumbo. And I never put any stock in Peter Kings unsubstantiated rumors again.