Peterson Already Traded?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, May 16, 2011.

1. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Uhm…the guy played like he never stopped. Vick is a freakish athlete like Peterson, I think very few young QB’s would be able to keep their job competing against Vick.

2. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Really, he played much better last season than his past seasons. He improved his passing drastically and still ran well.

3. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Vick's receivers in Philly were a lot better than what he had in Atlanta. Better offensive line, better backs, better defense, better coaching. Don't be so quick to put it all on Vick. Sure, he's a changed man (from what we can tell), but he's still a "run first" qb.

4. Bud Lee

Absolutely he is a run first QB, but his athletic ability coupled with the right players surrounding him makes a hell of a offence. My point was just that Kolb didn’t lose his job to a QB with 5 years of rust, he lost to a guy that is playing better than before he locked up, which by the way was pretty darn good.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Why wouldn't the Cardinals go after McNabb and just draft a guy. Kolb hasn't proven a damn thing, other than he isn't nearly as good as McNabb or Vick.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

they probably figure he's younger with more upside

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Before last season the Eagles traded a proven winner in McNabb for the future Kolb. He was handed the job on a silver platter and proclaimed to be the franchise QB that would lead them to the promised land. Now fast forward one year and the Eagles are ready to ship him off to any takers. I hope Phoenix does take him, I'm not a big Phoenix fan.

8. Bud Lee

Dude is at the end of his career, they had three high dollar QB’s and someone had to go so they traded the one that will be done in a few years…you know like Green Bay did with Brett Farve.

They are only doing so because he is going to become a free agent next year (or maybe the year after) , so they are “shipping” him off to get something in return on their investment before he jumps ship for another team. Trying to work a trade for PP7 is hardly a "any takers" deal.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well, the Eagles marketing department needs a raise, because somehow they have turned Kevin Kolb into a commodity.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Like I said, before last season he was the future of the franchise, now he's trade bait. That tells you a lot right there. Players come to the end of their contract all the time. If They are worth the money the team they are with tries to sign them not trade them. My guess is the Eagles are going to get a lot less than what everyone is saying for Kolb. What did the Saints do? They renegotiated and extended Drew Brees contract, they didn't put him up for trade. Kolb is available because he's not all that. Getting PP and draft picks for Kolb would be absolutely raping the Cardinals.