Peterson Already Traded?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, May 16, 2011.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you mean like when brett favre was traded from atlanta because he sucked? He was the 33rd pick and now a hall of famer. Kolb was the 36th pick.

no one knows what this trade result will be for some time. the reason phili is giving up on him is because they hit the lottery with Vick. So they are cashing in their bench chips for a position of need. you dont have the luxury of paying a dude top dollar to ride the pine at qb. they had just signed him to an extension which added over 12 mill to his contract.

they eventually have to trade him or start him and cut vick.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No very unlike Favre, he was what when they traded him, 60? The Favre trade was very much like the McNab trade, with the supposed heir apparent ready to take the reins. That didn't last long in Philly did it?

3. tirk

No he was 21 sitting behind the likes of Chris miller and Billy Joe tolliver. Or was it Hobert. No tolliver.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

My eyes saw Atlanta but I had Green Bay on the brain. Can't explain why Atlanta made that move. their front office wasn't known for being smart in those days, but we will see on Kolb. I'd put my money on bust.

5. tirk

I wasn't going to mention who their coach was bc it would hurt my case. Although he did buy seats for Elvis every home game.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Oh that Glanville fella, yeah I see your point.