Peterson is Not Superman

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Sep 29, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Matt Leinart stayed and he could have been overall number 1.

Lets say LSU has a really good year and misses out on the SEC championship by a game, and he finishes top 5 in the Heisman. What if he really wants that award, and really wants some more hardware, or to be the number 1 overall pick, along with a lockout if that happens? Thats a whole lot of if's i know, and maybe i am just searching for a way to keep him around....... but.........:huh:

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You must be smoking some really good stuff. :eek: With Florida, Auburn and Arkansas on the road and Bama at home LSU is going to miss the SEC championship by more than a game unless JJ or Lee suddenly turns into Matt MauckFlynn.

Sadly, this years team is good enough at every position except QB to contend for the National Championship this year. Great defense along with really good running, receivers and an improved O Line. We don't have to have a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees to win it all. Just a good game manager who can make the throws when he has to

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Man we are better this year than we were last year and we were in contention for the SECW up until after the screw job in Tuscaloosa. I'm fishing I don't know, i can only hope...

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

His cramping issues go back to pre high school.

5. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

His brother will be though. We should get to work on cloning these guys and keeping the family pipeline coming.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

the current cba doesn't expire until sometime after the draft.

meaning any underclassman wanting to go will have already been drafted by the time the lockout would become official

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly, especially considering the NFL is getting ready to implement a rookie wage scale. This all but assures PP is gone after this year.

The potential lockout is the wildcard. Even if there is a lockout, I don't think this will affect the draft. I may be wrong about that though. With so much money on the table, I HAVE to believe they'll get a deal done before this happens.

Either way, Peterson is going to want to get in before the rookie wage scale goes into affect.

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

So... the draft is not a guarantee of a contract, it simply gives a team exclusive bargaining rights. When thee kids get drafted and the strike begins before they get their contracts signed, should the NCAA make a special exception and grant waivers to guys who choose to return to school? (with eligibility left, of course.)

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yes, we're all looking forward to watching PP7 level Newton at the line of scrimmage.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If Peterson scores on a punt return, scores on an interception return, and scores on a touchdown pass . . . then he's Superman.