Peterson practices on offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeInLa, Sep 30, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Surely you don't think that. The Heisman has nothing to do with considering PP offensively. It's about winning games not individual trophies.

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

The more I think about this, the more I don't like it. I said before I suppose it would be ok to use him as a decoy, but unless he's going to carry the ball down field and hand it to one of our other offensive threats personally, having him out there won't do anything but chance him getting injured or cramping.

Putting another explosive player on offense won't make a bit of difference towards fixing the problems we're having. We should learn to utilize the threats we already have out there so they don't have to worry about sharing opportunities to get carries with yet another player...

That said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in seeing him line up in the wildcat with Shep... Just to see what happens. But it's risky.

3. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I'm pretty sure IF he plays some offense, it will be about as often as we see Jarrett Lee playing, possibly a BIT more. Its hard to speculate just what thier plans are on anything. I've seen Les (and other LSU coaches in the past) say things that never come to fruition.

4. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Hey .. it might could work. Put PP in so he can intercept the pass from JJ or JL, and run with it.

1 person likes this.
  5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Yes, I seriously doubt they intend on playing him both ways or anything. They're talking about a couple of plays a game. Don't see what it would hurt.
    -
    Last year when it was bantied about with him possibly returning punts, most freaked out and said it was risking injury. Well...now he's doing it, and without that, we'd likely by 2-2.
    -
    I don't see it as a receiver...we have those. But as a wildcat participant, I'm all for it. Whatever it takes.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

To be fair, these are the only play makers on O thus far:

1st)Ridley
    2nd)RR
    3rd)Shep (at times)

What has JJ done?
    What has TT done?

You can give some credit to the O'line, but they are average at best....

1 person likes this.
  7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

At least we know HE can catch. :lol:

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

The 3 play makers you mentioned are mostly on rushing plays, with the exception of RR. And the only reason RR has done anything is because he was Jefferson's first read and happened to be open. I sense a pattern here.

My point being, if we had a passing attack other teams would be terrified of TT, RR, and RS as receivers. Miles is making it easy for opposing defenses by keeping JJ in.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Again, I'm ready to see what JL can do in a game...serious minutes. In fact, I want him to START. BUT...

You're just making an assumption with your last sentence. You don't know he (JL) wouldn't be worse than JJ.

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Now all JJ has to do is kick it to him.

Piece of cake.