PETITION (W/ ACTION) TO BCS PRESIDENTS

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by timwolter, Jan 15, 2005.

1. timwolter

timwolter Freshman

2. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

I'm not sure that I want a playoff

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Can someone please tell me why anyone feels a petition on petitiononline.com is in any way relevant? Thanks.

By the way, welcome to the forum timwolter.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

They've been promoting this on everyone's board. Probably a good way to get people to visit and raise revenue.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

What would you suggest then?
    I suppose you like the BCS and the way college football is setup for the post season?

BCS really works, it was suppose to eliminate teams from sharing the Championship along with the an undefeated SEC championship team that
    didn't make the championship game.
    I wonder what you people would've said had that been LSU.
    That could happen to us next year people.

I went ahead and signed the petition, College football in the post season is
    rediculous, its a dinosaur of the 21st century.

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I like the Old Bowl tie ins and split titles... doesn't bother me that much + I like all the old school match ups. I am also for getting rid of 1/4th of the bowls... bowls should not be given to teams with less than 8 wins.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

But you don't have to balance the books at all of these universities.

Is that what it was supposed to do? Didn't know that. I can bet that many of the guys on the committee were saying all along that there was still a strong possibility that theyre could still be a split championship in some years. But I am against a giant playoff myself as well. And I like the year long debates that the BCS spawn. Now of course if we were the one left out last year I would probably have wanted a different system no doubt. To me a plus one would be good, a big playoff wouldn't.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I used to try to make mock playoffs and brackets and such.. Doing it with various games/rounds being in various bowl games.

It will not work. Who can travel to 3-4 bowl/playoff games in a month, especially during the holidays, to watch their team play every weekend?

It needs to be done in any other traditional playoff style. The higher seed team gets home field advantage.

Scrap the bowls for playoffs. Use the bowls to reward teams that do not make it to the playoffs.

9. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

What would I suggest? Hmm. Drop the BCS, end conference tie-in with bowl games. Let the bowls with the biggest payouts get the teams they want.

10. luvmesumlsu

luvmesumlsu Founding Member

My suggestion would be to take the TOP 4 teams at the end of the season. #1 vs. #3----------#2 vs. #4----------winners play for the NC-------could this work?