Petrino

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Nov 27, 2010.

1. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

Did he avoid shaking hands with CLM after the game. If he did that was classless, right up there with Bama.

2. Geaux_from_MO

Geaux_from_MO Freshman

Petrino and class have never been synonyms.

3. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I'm not sure but it looked like he didn't. Never cared for that guy. For all the complaining we do about Miles let's be glad we don't have someone like him!

4. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I did see Ryan Mallett come across and shake hands with CLM, didn't notice Petrino. Who cares if he's a jerk?

Glad our coach isn't.

5. Lurking Tiger

Lurking Tiger Founding Member

Cut the guy some slack. He was on his cell talking to Jerry Jones.

1 person likes this.
  6. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

All I know is the man can coach an offense.

7. Football Fan

Football Fan Freshman

Petrino takes a knee

I am new to this sight, and have read a lot tonight in various areas. I am impressed with most I have read. Not much in common with Ole Miss forums.

I have to disagree about Petrino. His team did not have to take a knee yesterday. I thought it was very classy.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Welcome to the forum.

One knee at the end of the game isn't NEARLY enough to classify Petrino as "classy". The fact that I was personally SHOCKED that they took that knee at the end speaks volumes about his well deserved reputation.

That said, he's a great offensive coach, and also no dummy. If he didn't take a knee there, he'd pay for it next year...or I'd like to think he would. It wouldn't have helped him at all to do anything else, and I assure you this...he is very in tune with doing whatever...WHATEVER...is good for him. FTW.

9. Kurtis Bleaux

Kurtis Bleaux Founding Member

I live in the ATL and after he left the Falcon's hanging, he pretty much hit the deepest level of scum for me. Les is WAY more classier than that and if you'd rather have a great offense, so be it. Not me...

Mike Zimmer calls Petrino a ‘coward’ over his 2007 exit

5:30 pm October 20, 2010, by D. Orlando Ledbetter
    [​IMG] Former Falcons defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer (right) is probably not having Bobby Petrino over for a cookout this summer. (Curtis Compton/[email protected])

After practice in Cincinnati on Wednesday, former Falcons defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer ripped former head coach Bobby Petrino.
    Zimmer was the defensive coordinator in 2007, the season that Petrino abruptly resigned 13 games into the season. Zimmer ended up in Cincinnati and has led the defense to its highest ranking in three decades last season at No. 4.
    “When a coach quits in the middle of the year and ruins a bunch of people’s families and doesn’t have enough guts to finish out the year, I’m not a part of it,” Zimmer told the Cincinnati media. “And you can put that in the Arkansas News Gazette. I don’t really give a (bleep). He’s a coward, he ruined a bunch of people’s lives, a bunch of families, kids, because he didn’t have enough (guts) to stay there and finish the job. And that’s the truth. Most people in football have enough courage about him and enough fight to stick it out and not quit halfway through the year. It’s cowardly.”
    Petrino went back into the college ranks to coach at Arkansas. Zimmer shined some light on Petrino’s exit.
    “He came in and said he resigned, (said) he’d talk to us all at a later date, walked out of the office and no one has talked to him since,” Zimmer said. “Not that anybody wanted to. He’s a gutless (bleep). You can quote that.”

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Bobby Petrino is a bitch, and there would be no way in hell I would ever let my kid play for a guy who bolts at the first sign of adversity. He is not a man of his word, he is a liar, and a snake, and snakes deserve to get their heads chopped off. He is a pretty good offensive mind though.