PGA Championship

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Aug 17, 2006.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

- Phil and Tiger just shot -3, 69. Leader are at -6.

- Tim Herron needs a shirt 12 sizes bigger

- Course looks really good. If players are in control of their game, birdies can be made rather easily for a major.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

billy andrade in 2nd and was the 8th alternate coming in i do believe.

david toms at 1 under is the best story...means his back is feeling much better and hopefully he's back ready to compete. hopefully he won't turn into couples.

(duval at +1. he's been steadily improving)

3. clair

clair Rockets

Mayfair is recovering from cancer, and shot -3 in his 1st tourny back...

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

There are currently 61 players under par (not all have finished). Expect to see tougher pin positions the last three days. Doubt they will cut the rough either. This is a major, not The Bob Hope Classic.

5. clair

clair Rockets

I don't know if you watched the British Open or not, but yeah... that was a simple course, too...

I actually like this layout... It seems fair... the rough is about a half a shot penalty... I rather watch a major with a 15-17 under par winner than a 5-6 over par winner like the ridiculous US Open this year

If I wanted to see golfers struggle, I'd go watch myself play

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

They played the Open in benign weather conditions. Add some wind which is typical for an Open and the scores would have been much higher.

Tiger's winning score at Medinah in 1999 was -11. Medinah today is a totally different course than the one Tiger won on in 1999 supposedly tougher with all of the changes that Rees Jones made. Todays scores don't reflect it.

Don't get me wrong, I like to see birdies as much as anyone, but I think in the majors they should be a bit tougher to make than todays birdiefest.

7. clair

clair Rockets

typically the 1st day the scores are the best... -6 is the pace today... I dont expect anything more than -15 or so as the winner... that isnt so bad

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Leader right now is at -8. DL III playing pretty good. If he could control himself on some holes he could be pretty far ahead...sort of Phil-esque

9. clair

clair Rockets

i've never liked DLIII, but he needs to finish well to get on the Ryder Cup team

10. clair

clair Rockets

considering that Tiger is playing like crap, and he is only 3 from the lead with more holes to play, we should all be on "Tiger alert"...