PGA Championship

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Aug 17, 2006.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

It's now back to E and looks like it will stay there with a few groups still on the course. DT played well today and is in the Top 10. Tiger's right where he wants to be. One stroke back from four players, none of whom have won a major.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Tiger just took the lead, an if he keeps playing the same way he is not going to get close to giving it back. Of course, it is kind of hard to play better than he is right now.

3. COTiger

Ho hum, Tiger shoots 65 and is currently tied for the lead with Luke Donald. He's never lost a major when he's held or shared the 54 hole lead. I don't look for that to change tomorrow.

I saw Nicklaus in his prime and he was amazing. Tiger's in a league of his own and I expect him to eclipse Nicklaus' 18 major win total when he hangs up the spikes.

4. clair

clair Rockets

I expect him to surpast 18 majors in 4-5 years...

He is playing so well right now that 2 a year can be the par-line for him... And considering that he owns Augusta, his chances to get at least 1 a year are solid.

I look for him to get 25-30 majors... I really do...

Considering that a golfers prime is normally the 30s, and he has 11 already

and also considering that golfers train more now than ever before, and that more golfers play well deep into their 40s, ala Vijay Singh, Fred Funk, Jay Haas, etc...

And considering that there isnt a good, young american out there, it doesn't seem like anyone is in line to catch him anytime soon

I think Tiger can be the best until he is 44-45, and then just win periodically after that

5. COTiger

Initially when I read 25 - 30 I thought that was really a reach, but after giving it some thought I wouldn't rule it out. As long as Tiger maintains his focus and will to win I wouldn't rule anything out. Not only is he head and shoulders above everybody else with his physical game but he completely outdistances everybody else with his mental game.

Looking at the leader board I can't see anybody past -10 being a threat. Four of the top six have won majors.

If Ogilvy gets off to a decent start (unlike today) I look for him to be Tiger's biggest threat. He could have folded after the double on one today, but he hung in there and posted a solid 68.

Should be a great final round tomorrow.

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I think that's about right as well. The only impediment could be his own interest in doing it. I know, I know, the great ones always play forever. More modern players are realizing they can do different things with their lives.

I'd love to see him keep winning for years. How many other golfers can make people WATCH a sport that is so much better when PLAYING?!?!?

7. clair

clair Rockets

Well, #12 is in the bag...

I think Lanny Wadkins summed it up well when he said: "When Phil wins a tournament, we always like to say the gap has closed, but that gap is as large as it's ever been."

No one is even within 6-7 shots of him in 72 holes when he is playing well

8. COTiger

This was basically a Sunday walk in the park. For all intents and purposes, it was over when he birdied #1. The only drama was wondering if he would get to -20.

9. clair

clair Rockets

Exactly my thoughts...

No movement in the Ryder Cup standings makes Lehman's job harder tommorrow...

I would guess the 2 will be out of a pool of: Love, Couples, Pavin, Cink, Glover, and maybe Funk

10. COTiger

I think he'll pick DLIII & Cink. Couple's back is too iffy.