Phil Steele's College Football 2004: IN STORES NOW!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Jun 15, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Auburn fans, if Borges is that good...why did Indiana do so horribly week after week?

2 wins
    10 - UCONN
    13 - Washington
    33 - Indiana State (DII)
    17 - Kentucky
    17 - Michigan
    3 - Michigan State
    31 - Northwestern
    6 - OSU
    7 - Minn
    17 - Illinois
    7 - PSU
    16 - Purdue

???

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

The words "Indiana" and "Dinardo" arent enough?

4. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

I would be willing to give Borges the benefit of the doubt at Indiana with Dinardo but what did he do prior to his stay in Bloomington?

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

CAB had a fairly potent offense at UCLA, but no D to keep opponents honest.
    He's considered to be one of the five disciples of the WCO with Bill Walsh, Steve Mariucci, etc...., but CAB is perhaps the only one of the five that has traditionally focused on using the running game out of the multiple-set look.

To me, the WCO is just a fancy way of forcing the D to play a mismatch in the place you want them to. My concern (besides O-line) is that the WCO requires depth at TE, which AU does not currently have. There are rumors of some position changes to strengthen the TE depth prior to fall ball, but they're just rumors at this point.

Any way you look at it, it's a vast improvement over '03.

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Quick note on the Auburn conversation: if the new offense allows them to be even competent throwing the ball and, therefore, spreading out defenses, Cadillac can REALLY do some damage.

He hits seams and holes very, very hard and is excellent at dodging/darting between the tackles and making people miss. If he's not facing 8-9 defenders "in the box" on a regular basis, look out.

One thing jumps out at me already: Steele's comments on Nebraska. First, it's a given that a team that goes from a run-oriented offensive philosphy (in this case, one that's been there for, well, forever) to a totally open passing attack is gonna struggle the first year. Personnel-wise, they simply don't have it.

You folks really think Bama finishes below Miss. St and Arkansas? That schedule is pretty soft, especially early, the Hogs had some big losses and State doesn't have the talent Bama has. Yes, I agree there are depth issues but this is still Alabama.

3-9 seasons don't happen very often for those guys.

Besides, they don't have Hawaii on the schedule this year! Can't believe their embarassing loss to the "fighting Rainbows"--a team that lost to Boise State the very next week--came thisclose to keeping LSU out of the Sugar Bowl.

LOL. Mike Shula...what a joke.

7. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Yeah, and Penn State fans keep saying something similar, but the last I checked, "tradishun" never threw a touchdown pass or made a tackle.