Phil Steele's Preseason All-SEC Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jun 1, 2015.

1. @MurfBaldwin

@MurfBaldwin Freshman

You're speaking my language, pops. I am absolutely loving some me some Clapp at center. However, I wonder if they are cutting off their nose to spite their face by not just having Pocic play the RT with Alexander and Hawkins playing next to each other on the left side. Boutte and Pocic on the right side would be murderous, too! Sure is great to have that type of talent and depth on the line, though. I always marveled at the lack of true NFL prospects despite how well the line would actually play. Goes to show you how great Miles is by coaching up players with no real show at being an offensive lineman in the pros.

Man, regardless, La'el was the absolute truth and his presence coming from the program will only attract even more talented future pros..

Good stuff, pops.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

At one time Mack Brown wanted to hire Jeff Grimes, he was going to be the highest paid college OL coach in the nation, but Grimes passed on the job.
    Got word that former LSU player Todd McClure is think about going into some kind of OL coaching, guess running cattle is getting old. He too would be a good one.

3. @MurfBaldwin

@MurfBaldwin Freshman

LSU dad, was looking to get in contact with you to appear on my Tiger Football Roundtable show on Tiger Sports Radio...I think you have some interesting takes and would love to converse with you on certain topics...The show is a part of the Vsporto family of Networks.

Here's the initial episode...It's my first solo show....

http://www.tigersportsradio.com/epi...down-the-lsu-offensive-line-and-run-concepts/

If you're interested, contact me at [email protected]

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

murf baldwin has the be the best name in TF history.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

MasterMind sounds like you could be an arch enemy and nemesis to Batman or Superman.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. @MurfBaldwin

@MurfBaldwin Freshman

lol, I'm not sure why people are so interested in the name Murf. It's just a nickname for Murphy -- which is my mother's maiden name. I honored both sides of my fam by merging both sides of my family --- Murphy and Baldwin...

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe because it rhymes with Smurf

8. @MurfBaldwin

@MurfBaldwin Freshman

You know what? I've never heard that before...I'm being facetious, actually. I heard that starting in like 2nd grade haha.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So you had to defend your turf?

10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Attempting about 16 passes a game and most of those short 7 yard passes isn't asking them to be Mett/Beckham. If they had managed to complete a higher percentage of those dump passes esp. on 3rd down, LSU might have won a few more games. No one was expecting them to be as good as the previous group. And I made no such comparison btwn Beckham/Landry and last years receivers, don't know what you were reading.