Phil Steele's Preseason All-SEC Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jun 1, 2015.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, the problem wasn't Dural only having 7 passes caught going into the season, it was that they couldn't get him the ball. He could of caught 70 passes last year had there been someone who could get him the ball, or a gameplan that featured him. I don't think they should pass the ball in lieu of running, but they should pass it before it is always 3rd and long.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Good job Murf, I got to listen to the broadcast. Keep up the great work.

@MurfBaldwin likes this.
  3. @MurfBaldwin

@MurfBaldwin Freshman

Thanks, LSU Dad! Hopefully more will listen as my name gets out amongst the LSU faithful.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Today I made the Rice football camp, one of the players, his dad is Lynden Rose Co-Captain (1981-1982) of Houston's basketball team, Phi Slama Jama. Some LSU Basketball folks might remember this.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Phi

Pi is wnba.

TerryP and LSUDad like this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, sorry.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Sent a quick note to an NFL Scout, I said that I could see Alexander and Hawk going in the first two rounds of next years draft. He likes Alexander big time, rates him as the #1 OG on his big board. He wants to see Hawk work the LOT position more this year, but thinks Hawk may have a good shot in the first round also. Pocic looks to be the next big OL out of LSU, but get use to it folks, LSU is going to be turning out some very good OL for years to come.

TigerTap likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We know they'll have great running backs to open holes for. I just hope they'll have a quarterback worth protecting

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Would you feel better if I used the term meaningful? Admittedly, I should have (and meant to) say started.

Yes, he saw action in seven games. Now, are we going to count his game participation against Samford or San Jose State as meaningful? Or, as college football for that matter?

Yes, he saw action against Kansas State and didn't throw a single pass. In case you missed it, but I seriously doubt that, his forte at the position is passing the ball. He's not a running QB like Marshall, Newton, or the QB's seen the majority of the time under Malzahn (Chris Todd being the lone exception.)

He also saw action against UGA...with less than five minutes left in the game and with the Tigers down 34-7. Some, no most, would call that mop-up duty (in this case attempting the clean up the mess that day when Auburn shit all over the bed.) And even then fumbled the first time he touched the ball.

You can split hairs all you would like to here. But, the bottom line remains the same. He's been the QB for that team in one game; Arkansas last year with Marshall was "suspended" for a half.

If you choose to use stats from games like facing a Western Carolina or a Florida Atlantic to make a judgement more power to you. Those stats are as meaningful to me as those someone posts on X-Box.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

@LSUDad

That reminded me of a quote. We'll call it your trivia question for the week.

Who said, "God loves the teams with the best tackles and pulls for them?"