Pick One QB

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Feb 4, 2003.

1. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

Flynn

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Question for geauxscott

What have you heard about Russell's character? There were bad rumors regarding his relatives seeking compensation for his services that I assumed were not true. I haven't heard anything about what type of guy he is. Character is very important for a QB (to state the obvious).

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Russell, and Flynn

Sure I would love to have Lane as well, but with his latest comments he might have "Evangel" syndrom.

If Russell Signs he knows what he is coming into and he is not afraid to compete for the job or take an easy way out (FSU has NO q.b's) and it proves he really wants to be a Tiger. Regardless of the challange he may face.

Lane although a great player, does not seem to understand Saban is hedging his bet. Lane said he may go play baseball, and if that does not pan out, he insists he is the guy in the future.
    I dont know him personally so I can only judge by his quotes. But that is my impression.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I read on a Bama board that Jamarcus was an excellent kid both on and off the field (And this is from Bama fan, who Russel snubbed)
    Said he has a great family structure and was raised in a christian family.

They raved about him .

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

lsu99

don't know enough about his character to really judge him, but I have heard that he is a good guy with a love for the game. I heard all the rumors about his uncle marketing him and stuff but I think most of that was started by Auburn fans when Russell started to lose interest, AU fans claimed they backed off him, when actually i believe he was the one who backed off. (no offense Chuck)

But overall I have not heard anything bad about his character. We all know how the media works, if he was trouble, we would have heard something, and living in Mobile I haven't heard a thing.

6. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Russell over Lane.

Lane's comments probably drastically helped us in landing Russell. Russell is willing to come into a three QB system, I don't think he is scared of the competition. He is keeping his options open with FSU because of much less competition. But with Lane saying "if Russell comes, I'm not". Russell is probably like "OK you made that easy for me, where do I sign"

7. WahooLSU

WahooLSU Freshman

Russell is the real deal

1) 22 TD's to only 5 interceptions last year
    2) 6'5" - can see over most d-linemen
    3) threw a 71 yard pass without any warmup when asked by Jimbo Fisher how far he could throw
    4) just look at his videos (rivals), it's like watching Rohan to Reed again, and again, and again, but better.

He is the real deal. He could start as a freshman, not many can.