Picture from the LSU-ARMY Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TennesseeTiger, Jun 5, 2004.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I got this from www.lsusports.net and thought it really was a nice gesture by the Tiger Fans.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Good deal!!!!!!! Other than Toolame and USL I have never heard anything but good reports from other teams about the atmosphere and the way they were treated at the Box. Both the Army coach and starting pitcher had nothing but good things to say about the fans after the game. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :geaux: :lsup: :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa

3. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Those comments in the paper? I'd like to read them.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I saw the interviews after the game but the paper did have this small amout of what the coach said, however they did not get much of the qoutes from the pitcher.

FROM THE ADVOCATE:cdubois@theadvoc ate.com
    Advocate sportswriter

Still, when Sottolano took him out after 112 pitches, with LSU leading 3-0 and runners on first and second, the Alex Box crowd of 6,032 gave Hill a standing ovation.

Hill said it showed the type of fans LSU has.

"They respect the game," he said.

His coach agreed.

"They applaud everything," Sottolano said. "It's not like they play a favorite. Obviously I did see more cheers for their team, I believe, at certain points, but it's an impressive crowd because they just want to see good baseball.

"They're classy. There wasn't any type of ribbing going on that I could see, but it's also an atmosphere that makes it very difficult to hear. With the wind blowing in and everything else, it's very difficult to communicate, and that's something that's very different from where we've played before."

5. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

The picture really moves me.