Pierre Thomas

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 4, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

ahhh, so a torn ligament takes longer to heal than a broken bone? thanks for clarifying by the way.

2. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

He's gone.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think he's gone, and Bush may be on the way out as well. This organization has proven repeatedly (Thomas, Mike Bell, Lynell Hamilton, Chris Ivory, Julius Jones) that it can find quality running backs on the cheap...no need to pay big bucks at that position.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I like how Ivory and Jones have played, but I can't stand Lydell Betts. Bell tapered off mid season last year and I would kind of call him a bust. I'm not sure what happened to Hamilton.

Still, those guys can make 5-10 yard plays in the passing game when matched up with an LB or safety, but none have the break away speed that Reggie has and no one on the team can execute the screen like Pierre can.

While I believe Reggie is gone unless he accepts a pay cut (unlikely, but then again, NO ONE is going to offer him $12m, so he may), I think these last 5 games and the playoffs will determine Thomas' status with the team next year.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I think Hamilton got hurt (knee, if I remember right). JJones seems to be spelling the carries Betts was getting, which is a good thing IMO.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Another game, no Pierre. Either that ankle is hurt worse than we thought, or I may have been wrong in my assessment and he's (not) playing his way right out of town. I'm not sure what type of advice he's getting, but if he's able to play and his not, it's not a smart move; as he's in line to get part of Reggie's current 8m salary if he produces in these last few game and the playoffs.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

you said sprained ankle.