pisses me off

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Nov 19, 2013.

1. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

The enemy wants to kill soldiers. Black, white, male, female or gay. They don't give a damn so our military better. To lower standards just to please someone will do nothing but get that someone, and probably others, killed. That shit won't make anyone happy.

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I got no problem with women serving but they shouldn't lower the physical requirements to do so. If they want to be a ground pounder then let them but they have to pass all the same physical requirements that men do. Without creating a political spectacle, this would end the conversation because I do not know one single woman who could do it.....and if there is one who can then so be it.

GregLSU and gyver like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly the point. The article that I read clearly stated (and now I wish I would have linked it) that if they (pentagon or brass or whoever) don't see the numbers they are wanting to see that they will lower the standards to get them there. In other words, damnit all we are going to have women in a combat mos come hell or high water. That is the part that is bullshit. If they can do it on an equal scale then fine, no worries about her being a puss because she probably has a bigger cock than most of us here, I'll fight with her. The problem is those are few and far between and the US Armed forces are going to end up with hannah freaking montana on the front line.

Winston1 and gyver like this.
  4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

agreed, I compare this to that 90's decision to allow all personnel to wear berets. sometimes equal and fair don't matter and combat is one of those IMO. If they lower the standards it will affect the quality of soldiers and hence, the military in general.

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The best CO I ever had, and at the time, the youngest in command of a US Navy ship, refused to go to the Pentagon. He was CNO material, but as I remember, his words were "filled with dumb mo fo's" He could only go to O-6 without Pentagon experience, but he knew. Too many ass kissers wanting to do the political thing to grease their next big time promotion. Disgusting. THere are some great guys there in leadership positions, but they are outweighed heavily by the climbers. This is compounded exponentially when there is no war.