Platooning Quaterbacks???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LES4PREZ, Apr 14, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

QBs aren't like any other position on the field & I don't think you can treat them as such. First of all, a QB can play an entire game without getting too fatigued and no other position has as much ability to change the landscape of the game.

2. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

I hate rotating QB's. QB's need to get into a rythm more than any other position. They need to develop confidence with the recievers etc.

To bring up a situation relevent to both of us...I think Saban made a big mistake when he took Randle out and put Russell in after Randle led yall are two straight scoring drives. It took the air out of the offense. Yes I believe our defense made adjustments and stepped up the rest of the game, but certainly it hurt yall having a different quarterback come in.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Exactly. And when your starter goes down and you have no experienced backup . . .

Most teams are lucky if they have one top-notch quarterback and they have to risk using him on every down. LSU in 2006 is fortunate to have two Parade All-Americans and a bowl MVP at the position. You have to play them. Not a revolving position, but a plan for each of them to see the field.

4. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

i think ideally RP and MF will wait this year with them both getting enuf practice and mop up to stay at LSU and hopefully JR rips it up like mad and if he does, he goes pro and we have RP starting his soph year with flynn behind him. if JR starts senior year that leaves RP with just two years, im not sure what his ego is like now but coming in he wanted to play three years and maybe even four years. its a tough situation but i think les has to do whatever is working whether that be rotate or stick with one guy.les will make the right decision whether we agree with it or not. he is with the guys during practice and knows whats really happening