Play calling

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WF TIGER, Nov 24, 2002.

1. WF TIGER

WF TIGER Founding Member

Did anyone notice or was it just me? The play calling, especially in the first half was really predictable. It seemed that every play on first down was a run up the middle for a gain or 1 or 2 yards, 2nd down and 9. This puts alot of pressure on our young QB's. I was thinging OK this time on first lets run a screen pass or a reverse or something eles besides up the middle for a gain of 1 or 2 yards. Ole Miss was waiting for it and knew it was coming. I just hope the play calling against Ark. is a little more less predictable.

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Have you noticed

That when we win the playcalling is excellent. When we lose the play calling is predictable, the quarterback stares down his receiver, Fisher is a bad OC, and the officials are biased.
    Except for the turnovers the Tigers played a very good game after Randall was inserted.

3. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Actually this was brought up after we won the game.

We will have to score more the 14 points to beat ARK.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I don't think they wanted to make things too complicated for Clausen. It WAS his first start.

5. WF TIGER

WF TIGER Founding Member

How complicated is it to hand off to a wide receiver on a reverse? Or running a sweep around the end. The play Clausen threw the interception on was didn't look like a easy play to run for a completion.