Play calling

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

What is your phucking problem John. Yes i posted that. the first post was from the goalline turnover drive and the second is from the next drive (i believe) where we got the ball had 2 or so penalties and some sloppy play went backwards and punted.

Nice job quoting a play-by-play thread where people are speaking about individual plays. You accidentally (can't be on purpose could it) forgot to quote the quotes giving praise, here let me quote some for you..

I believe everyone will agree that we got sloppy in the second quarter. Commenting on a bad play or series is not saying the team sucks.

1 person likes this.
  2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

What they said.

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Word.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

CLM will not let pride get in the way of possible perfection. It bit him in the ars last season. After the UF game he realizes we have the talent and potential to get to the SECCG and beyond. After watching the competition the past couple of weeks, with the changes CLM is making we have as good a shot as anybody.

1 person likes this.
  5. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

O.K so what do you guys think is the problem with running Scott. Not complaining just wondering if I was spoiled over the last couple of years when a 3 yarder was a gimmie. At first I thought it was bad line blocking, but it seems others can get through the holes, so has Scott lost something? Not complaining mind you, I was at the game and could not have been happier with Offensive production, just wondering.:thumb:

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Most of it is the defenses putting 7 and 8 in the box all game long and daring Jefferson to throw. Auburn was the first game that he made a defense pay for it by hitting receivers all over the field. Shepard ran the off guard left counter play in the first quarter and was stopped cold. He ran it again in the second half and busted a 69-yard run.

It's execution by the offensive line, too. When the hole is there, Scott can run wild as he did last season. The hole is there only sporadically this season. It's not just Scott--Williams and Holiday haven't been finding a hole either.

When team start having to drop linebackers regulary into coverage to stop LSU's passing game, the holes will come open for the running backs.

7. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Make sense to me. I noticed when RS squeezed through the hole on the hip of his lineman he hit another gear and was gone. Was just wondering if Scott lost that gear. Maybe if JJ keeps improving and making them respect the pass we can start getting those short yardage plays on the ground.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It seems to me as if Chuck is stopping, like he isn't putting his head down and banging as he did before. I wear my 32 jersey every game day so I don't have it in for the guy. It just seems as if he has backed it down a little. Of course when you don't have a hole to hit there aren't many options. Just like P&L have been doing since last tuesday, all will get better.:grin:

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Years ago, the Kinards were killing OM. RUN RUN RUN and then run. OM canned him in the middle of the season and brought back Johnny Vaught. The first game for OM and Vaught was against Southern Miss. Coach Vaught opted for the "BOMB" on their very first play. It was INCOMPLETE. Coach Vaught and the Rebs got a standing ovation....No longer could the other team forget the pass. Just showed "no fear" and you will respect the pass. Good to see LSU open it up some. :geaux:

10. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

And we all know that this is a game to game scenario.