Played Ball with Voogd at the Rec Yesterday...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Apr 5, 2006.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I got into the most frightening and health risking game of basketball in my life yesterday. I was playing on the first court at the REC and Ben was on my team. It was a violent game with a couple guys who looked like they belonged in prison. Since I'm an easy target I was made fun of and insulted for being "one of the white boys that reaches". A couple of these punks called foul on every ticky tack play and I said " thats part of the game". Then the response I got from our future prison buddy was "Part of the game is me crushing your f***ing face in". I decided that I'd be quiet. LOL Anyway, Ben ran the point and has a few moves in his arsenal. I watched him shoot by himself on one of the other courts and he doesnt miss when he's alone. I don't remember him hitting a shot when he played in the game. The good news is that he did take a few though. He was more effective going to the goal.The only problem with his shot is that it is slow and he shoots from his chest. He can handle the ball. I also watched him play a game with some 40 year old men. Those dudes don't take any stuff from young punks lol.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

hmm, sounds like you read this elsewhere and then converted it to a story of your own......... unless you post on another forum under a different name........

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

saminex
    Member since Feb 2005
    58 posts

4. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

pickup games suit him well...i wish he would stay there

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I in fact did play with voogd yesterday. I was on his team. I saw that topic b/c I do venture to the messages boards to see the different topics on LSU. It is a cheat sheet so to speak. I did play on his team. I got made fun of regularly. I had two baskets and about 5 boards so I didnt do too bad. Im being very honest. I saw that topic and I figured I'd start it over here b/c I don't like that message board in terms of actually posting on it.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Yet you like it here where pretty much everyone dislikes you. :confused:

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I think the conversation is more rational and more mature over here. Of course I get ridiculed here a lot but you just have to take the beating and keep on going.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Did not read the other thread, but I played at the Rec yesterday against Voogd. Not gonna lie, I owned him. :yelwink2:

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I played in one game with him on the first court. I dont know if you saw the games that went on on that court, but there were many threats of ass whoopings for a lot of people. Some people can't handle physical basketball. There is a lot of complaining from people who feel they get fouled every time they miss a shot or turn the ball over.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Yeah, the people complain way to much at the rec. Im not an awesome player, but neither are these guys. They are those overachievers that get up to the rec every morning at 7:00 to work on their dribbling. :dis: