Player Development

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Dec 10, 2013.

1. BP

BP Founding Member

Horrible? Let's see, we had about 37 people leave early (a slight exaggeration). Two freshmen corner backs were developed during the year, and by the end of the year were playing well, though not without freshman mistakes. The staff coached up two WRs into the, arguably, the best tandem in the country (do you remember how many passes were dropped last year as opposed to this?), and line backer play, while no spectacular, did improve over the course of the year. And, that is in addition to Cam and his development of Mett, and we have reason to believe, Jennings. Perfect? Hell no.But, pretty damn good. I think most of us were expecting something between 8/4 and 10/2.

The Ol Miss game was disappointing, but, I imagine Alabama feels the same way about Auburn, Baylor about Okie State, Okie State about Oklahoma, Oregon about Stanford, and Florida abut everybody.

didit, StaceyO, cajdav1 and 1 other person like this.
  2. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

We lost two games at the end of the game, the same exact way we had lost the previous two games. The Bama loss was because Saban and staff made ajustments while Miles and staff didnt. Not to mention we didnt see any improvements anywhere on the field. The D looked lost all year. The OL had numerous penalties. The team as a whole didnt show much focus. Yeah, Id call that a horrible year of coach.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  3. ThePhenom74

I know we lost a lot of players. I could accept losses if we show improvement. I cant accept the losses the way they happened though. Also, you cant make end of halve or end of game mistakes in nearly every game. Thats just ridiculous for a coach making that much money to do in nearly every game. A HS coach wont consisntently make those same mistakes.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Patrick Miller I believe

cajdav1 likes this.
  5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The only thing you said that is 100% correct is that it is hard to knock Miles record.

The defense got much better, a bunch of young guys got much better, plenty of players developed into much better players than they were before the season. But you don't want to see that.

didit, Winston1, 65Grad and 1 other person like this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

All I can say is to look at the number of LSU players in the Pros. Scouts/NFL teams like many of the players each year that the Tigers put into the Draft. They find most to be Pro ready

Winston1, islstl and 65Grad like this.
  7. ThePhenom74

The D was better against aTm but struggled against Arkansas.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What the hell is this? I was so hoping you would pop into this thread with a "all I can say is keep an eye on the coaching staff cause it is about to be adjusted"

but I know even if you did know something like that, and I would bet that you do, that you couldn't/wouldn't say it here.

ssssahight

LSUMASTERMIND, LSUDad and furduknfish like this.
  9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

On a scale from 1-10, how much is much better?

10. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Except the O-Linemen...