Player Development

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Dec 10, 2013.

1. BP

BP Founding Member

You mean that's not your picture?

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Not judgin brother, just observing.

3. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I got the whole tall, black hair, blue eye, thing going. And the good versus evil thing.
    But I like beer and good eats far more than good ole superman.

When my brother played high school ball, and there was some type of preseason gathering for the football team, I attended the function in support of my brother. A couple of his coaches thought I was attending school there and wanted to know if I had tried out for the the team. They didn't know I had already graduated some 10 years before.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

That was not Stud.

Not sure who it was, but it wasn't Stud.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Stunt double.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That may be why Collins has played guard for 3 years.

TigerTap likes this.
  7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

That might be a bit of a mis-characterization. Here is the story as I recall it. Happy to be corrected if I am wrong about the Jarrett Lee part.

The #1 QB recruit in the country (KIel) lied to the coaching staff and told the staff he was going to be an early enrollee. LSU had a limited number of early enrollee spots that year and could have had room for both Kiel and Patrick Miller if Jarrett Lee would have finished up his scholastic work before Xmas that year. Lee didn't do that and turned in the last of the school work he needed to complete in January, and in doing so did not free up the extra spot for an early enrollee.

No scholarship was pulled from Patrick Miller. He showed up in January to enroll as an early enrollee and LSU had to inform him that they did not have enough slots for him as an early enrollee for the January semester. LSU was still going to give him a scholarship, but it would not be applicable to the early spring semester...instead it would kick in for the fall semester and Miller could start LSU with the rest of the students from his graduating class.

Miler and his family were pissed, called Auburn and asked Jizzick if they still had a scholarship open, packed up Miller's stuff, and drove to Auburn to enroll.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

that means nothing to me, Robinson was first team All SEC.

9. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

And who are the Tiger O-Linemen from the last 5-6 years currently playing in the league? Joe Barksdale is starting for the Rams and Chris Faulk is on the Browns IR. Outside of that, our recent guys haven't been catching on in the league. We've had some guys that have played valiantly, but a mixture of a lot of bad luck for some really talented guys (like Black and Faulk) and coaching has our guys not translating to the next level. Now I think all that is going to change in the next two drafts with our current crop of guys but we haven't been getting our O-Linemen to the next level. Stud seems to be the common denominator. How much better could these guys be with better coaching?

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

not according to Tigertap, he is convinced Stud is amazing and the coach of the year,etc.

but 2 guys currently on NFL rosters from the Stud years, says alot.