Players leaving

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TigerRuss, Feb 8, 2004.

1. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I would be mad if paris hodges left. He is a huge dude, and should definitely get some PT this year. Yeah there are big expectations for Carnell, he should end up in the 2 deep with either Dorsey of Favorite.

2. jrich71291

jrich71291 Say What?

Watson was a DT at John Curtis with Carnell Stewart. Sevin played O-Line there. I am pretty sure Watson ended up at USuC.

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Anyone know why Sevin is leaving?

4. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

Jerry Sevin

is a great person and a great Tiger...but he wasn't successful here in the short period of Tigerland. Sevin arrived out of shape and to his thinking, going to compete and start right away...well High School and College are two different levels of play.

Sevin was on the scout team and was not doing well on his blocking assignments getting beat often!! Sevin was advertised much bigger than arriving on LSU campus and also his strength was said to be very strong! Well, his strength was nowhere the level of the starters which is understandable but being out of shape slowed things down.

Jerry probably got off on the coaches bad side from the front and didn't help, which in the end looks to have had a great effect on the outcome. Sevin is a great person as well as a football player, just not for LSU. Want to wish him well and success for the future!

5. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I question the person that recruited him in the first place. Why did this go unnoticed? I mean can you not see how big the guy is in person? I can't beleive someone would just blindly recruit the guy. I look at it as a waste of a scholly...

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, we are over signed for the 85-scholarship limit. We are going to have to waste a few more by August.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I would doubt that the LSU coaches didn't know exactly how big he is. I'd be willing to bet that they measuered and weighed him. it is probably the media that didn't know exactly how big he was and therefore us.

8. RabidTiger

RabidTiger Founding Member

Sevin left because he has medical problems...